Venice Departure Grand Med Question - Spirit

Hi...

Can anyone give my an answer to any of my questions regarding boarding at Venice?

Our boarding time is from 12.00 pm however departure isn't until 1.00 am next morning.

My question is, can you get off the ship in between to explore the city, and if so what time do you have to be back on board, and also what time is lifeboat muster?

Any other advice on what to expect and/or do at this departure port would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance...

Two excited cruisers.

Edited by Centurions

Yes, you can get off and explore. You must be onboard two hours before departing. Muster should be early as you leave in the middle of the night. Check NCL's web site. :cool:

The muster drill is early, and it is right in the middle of the prime sight-seeing window. If you skip the muster drill, you can attend a make-up session the next day. (At least that was the case on our sailing in 2013.)

If you stay in a Norwegian hotel and do the transfer, it is by water taxi. I hadn't anticipated the water taxi, and it was a really fun way to travel from the hotel to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I was there at 10 am, I think they started checking in and giving out boarding group number around 11... In order, the called by groups. You have the better part of a day and evening. I hopped on a vaporetto water bus and went out to Burano island. I hope you are able to come in at least the day before so you can enjoy a little time in Vencie.

Hi...

Can anyone give my an answer to any of my questions regarding boarding at Venice?

Our boarding time is from 12.00 pm however departure isn't until 1.00 am next morning.

My question is, can you get off the ship in between to explore the city, and if so what time do you have to be back on board, and also what time is lifeboat muster?

Any other advice on what to expect and/or do at this departure port would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance...

Two excited cruisers.

Take care of the ship for us... will be on her when you get to Barcelona :-)

Don't worry, we're on board ourselves early next year in the Caribbean, rest assured she's in good hands :) :) :)

Take care of the ship for us... will be on her when you get to Barcelona :-)

Don't worry, we're on board ourselves again early next year in the Caribbean, rest assured she's in good hands :) :) :)