mini fridge in aft wrap balcony on Carnival Victory

bitofun

Thinking about booking one of the Premium Vista View balcony cabins on Carnival Victory and just wondering if anyone knows if they have a mini fridge in the cabin. In 2013 I was on the Victory in a regular balcony and there was not a mini fridge in the cabin back then. Just wondering if Carnival has added mini fridge since dry dock and 2.0 upgrade. In fact, if anyone has any first had knowledge of exactly what was added in the most recent dry dock, I would be so appreciative. Thanks in advance for replies! :)

no, they didn't add mini-fridges / mini-bars to rooms that didn't have them.

the primary upgrades were the alchemy bar and renovation of sports bar to the 'skybox sports bar'. it was a weak drydock.

That's kind of what I figured. Not sure if the aft wrap balconies had mini fridge before the dry dock, but like I said, I know our regular balcony on Lido didn't. Thanks for the quick replies.

AFAIK, only the suites on Victory have minibars.

Renovations completed during dry-dock: 3/21/15-4/04/15

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work in lounges and public areas
  • Alchemy Bar – located Deck 5 aft (replaced Caspian Wine Bar)
  • SkyBox Sports Bar – located on Deck 5 midship (replaced Aegean Sports Bar)

That's kind of what I figured. Not sure if the aft wrap balconies had mini fridge before the dry dock, but like I said, I know our regular balcony on Lido didn't. Thanks for the quick replies.

they didn't. it's one of the drawbacks of the destiny / triumph / victory... be sure to ask your room steward for a bucket of ice, etc... also, you can bring a 12x12x12 soft sided cooler, and ask the steward to fill it for you - they will happily do so, but in many cases you need to ask, as they don't put the ice buckets in the room by standard due to 'waste'.

We sailed in 8428 several years ago. No mini fridge then.

We sailed in 8428 several years ago. No mini fridge then.

Thanks for the reply. Tell me, how did you like the cabin? That is the cabin we are looking at.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. Tell me, how did you like the cabin? That is the cabin we are looking at.
We absolutely LOVED 8428! The balcony is IMHO the best on the ship - you have a short aft portion, the diagonal, and a long port covered balcony. The cabin had a lot of room - they'll tell you it's the same size as regular balcony cabins, but it certainly felt larger.

We absolutely LOVED 8428! The balcony is IMHO the best on the ship - you have a short aft portion, the diagonal, and a long port covered balcony. The cabin had a lot of room - they'll tell you it's the same size as regular balcony cabins, but it certainly felt larger.

Glad to hear how much you loved the cabin. It's me and my sister who cruise. Only seem to be able to swing it every 2 years. Definitely think the aft wrap cabins are worth the extra!

• 1 month later...
Thinking about booking one of the Premium Vista View balcony cabins on Carnival Victory and just wondering if anyone knows if they have a mini fridge in the cabin. In 2013 I was on the Victory in a regular balcony and there was not a mini fridge in the cabin back then. Just wondering if Carnival has added mini fridge since dry dock and 2.0 upgrade. In fact, if anyone has any first had knowledge of exactly what was added in the most recent dry dock, I would be so appreciative. Thanks in advance for replies! :)

We had one of those amazing cabins last January on Victory. Sadly, no mini fridge. But you will love the cabin and balcony. We had the partition taken down between ours and our daughter's balcony next door and practically owned the back and starboard end of our deck! We'll definitely get the same sort of cabin next time. We brought a little cooler for my husband's meds.