Carnival New American Table Reviews?

Perez1992

Has anyone tried the new menu and can give their opinions on it? I am wondering because I love beef chicken and pork! I hate seafood , and love pastas and desserts !!

Will I love the new menu ? If I love steak?

Please help Mates

Everything on there is pretty good except the desserts. They were BAD.

I disagree with this. Most of desserts were quite good, some OK, Bitter & Blanc was its usually awesome self.

I had American Table on my last Breeze cruise and thought it was fine. Some of the old favorites were actually tastier than they had been previously.

I agree with this, some menu's had more of a wow factor than others but most of the food was interesting, proper temp and generally quite fine.

Beef Wellington and Bitter & Blanc were the same night, so for me that was a win-win. :D

I learned on the Breeze that if you want red meat medium, a warm pink center, you need to ask for Medium rare (and may even need to add a rare to that) otherwise medium will be more done than pink.

I was looking forward to pie every night. We're the pies bad?

We had pie three times on Freedom last month and they were Good. We Also got Chocolate Melting Cake every Night

The desserts were mostly missing sugar. Tried the pies, and at least the ice cream helped sweeten them up.

The menus on the Liberty were bad last week. There were 3 days with such awful choices that I ordered a BLT from room service after dinner. I do not eat any seafood or vegetarian options, maybe that was part of it.

I love the new menu. I thought serving ribs, which my husband loved, on an elegant night was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I have to admit that one night I ate fried chicken because there was nothing on the entree part of the menu that sounded good to me.

With the new menu, there are things I loved. One was Beef Wellington, another, and I know Italian cruisers will disagree with me, but I loved the Veal Parmesan. My favorite soups were there, same for desserts.

I liked being able to order mashed potatoes nightly and steamed broccoli most nights. There are still things plated, but as an example, the veal came with a very small amount of spaghetti, so I could get the potatoes and leave the spaghetti and not feel guilty.

I still think the first night's menu is weak, either old or new, so we go to the Steak House and maybe that is the idea behind the menu. We are going on Dream a week after the new menu is supposed to start. I hope it does when scheduled, but I do know it might be a longer time dining with ATD as the waiters will have to get used to the new menu. I would say the same in the MDR, and I think there might be a leaning curve, but the time for dining is limited, so ---

I guess what I am trying to say is don't think the new menu isn't good even if you have sailed many times. Give it a chance and you just might really like it.

When is the new menu suppose to start on Dream? We're porting out on September 13th. I'm ready for something different.

It is supposed to start July 19 and I am hoping that is the date as we sail the week after.