Embarkation Day Rules for Boarding Questions (Vancouver)

Hi All!

On the Millennium now, drink in hand. I wanted to thank everyone again for their great advice.

Just wanted to close the loop - we ended up dropping off our bags and then going record shopping. The Celebrity rep suggested that once you go through, you don't get to leave so we took that as being truthful.

The folks who suggested that repeating the customs process was a poor idea - I'd tend to agree (even if Celebrity said it was ok and the did not). It wasn't the fall of Saigon but I wouldn't be anxious to do it twice.

We ended up boarding together and it worked out perfectly fine.

Thanks again (and again!)

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what you did.

Most people don't bother.

And have a WONDERFUL cruise! :D

The wait for international (non US and non Canadian) passport holders was over 2 hours. We arrived at the terminal at 11:45 am and were on board just before 2 pm. Never had such a horrible boarding experience. For US and Canadian passport holders it seemed a breeze. Millennium is the only ship in port today; can't begin to imagine what a zoo it must be when there are multiple ships.

Edited by florisdekort

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what you did.

Most people don't bother.

And have a WONDERFUL cruise! :D

Of course! I've been doing messageboards since Usenet. It's good to have a complete end-to-end conversation for the next folks that search.

The wait for international (non US and non Canadian) passport holders was over 2 hours. We arrived at the terminal at 11:45 am and were on board just before 2 pm. Never had such a horrible boarding experience. For US and Canadian passport holders it seemed a breeze. Millennium is the only ship in port today; can't begin to imagine what a zoo it must be when there are multiple ships.

We have US passports and you're right. They came through and pulled those folks out of line. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it wasn't a fun time.