Nativeway All the Way!!

BMW325

Just returned from a cruise to Grand Cayman and used Nativeway for the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion. I have to say it was wonderful and the crew was great. Rum Point is absolutely beautiful and next to Secret Beach in Kauai, was the most beautiful beach I've been on. If you are debating, don't hesitate and book with Nativeway. We were back in plenty of time to do some shopping and make the tender back to our ship (there were only two total in that day so no lines at all). If anyone has any specific questions, please let me know.

Good to hear! We're booked for that tour on 9/22. Here are some questions for you: How many people were on your boat? Is the complimentary 'punch' a rum punch? Are there any other 'adult beverages' available for sale on the boat? What about at Rum Point - - bar there? Also, pictures I've seen on the website showed a sand volleyball court - - is it still there? Was the water really rough at Stingray City and the snorkeling reef? The last time we were there it was pretty choppy. Thanks - - sorry for so many questions!

Good to hear! We're booked for that tour on 9/22. Here are some questions for you: How many people were on your boat? Is the complimentary 'punch' a rum punch? Are there any other 'adult beverages' available for sale on the boat? What about at Rum Point - - bar there? Also, pictures I've seen on the website showed a sand volleyball court - - is it still there? Was the water really rough at Stingray City and the snorkeling reef? The last time we were there it was pretty choppy. Thanks - - sorry for so many questions!

We were with Nativeways on the RRR tour on Sept 1st. We had 10 people total on the boat. The punch is juice...no alcohol. No adult beverages available. Yes there is a beach volleyball court, but no one was playing... very laid back place. We had really calm water at both the reef and stinray city sandbar. If anything the stingrays when they swam by you moved the water more than any tidal action.

Yes, you can get a full array of drinks at Rum Point. Nice bar with a good menu. The lunch was very good also. We were on this tour Aug 18 and the water at Stingray City and snorkeling was very calm. Loved the tour, it was the highlight of our cruise.

There were only 8 of us on our boat, along with three crew 'boys' (I don't think any of the crew were over the age of 20, but they were great). The water was like glass and so calm. As mentioned, the juice is store-bought and in a gallon jug as is the water. They keep it in a cooler with ice and cups. It was enought to 'wet your whistel' until you got to Rum Point for the lunch that was included. And, the lunch was very, very good. Also came with iced tea or water. For the price, this trip can NOT be beat. $55.00 per person and the lunch, if purchased from the menu, was average of $8.00 (would be about $10.00 with tax/tip) so this is an exceptional deal. Boats that were leaving book through the cruise line had about 30 or 40 crammed on them. After I returned home, I remembered reading on these boards that Nativeway also took a video of your trip and you could purchase if you wanted. Many said it was well worth it and to buy it. However, there was no video being taken so I am a bit disappointed.

Just returned from a cruise to Grand Cayman and used Nativeway for the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion. I have to say it was wonderful and the crew was great. Rum Point is absolutely beautiful and next to Secret Beach in Kauai, was the most beautiful beach I've been on. If you are debating, don't hesitate and book with Nativeway. We were back in plenty of time to do some shopping and make the tender back to our ship (there were only two total in that day so no lines at all). If anyone has any specific questions, please let me know.

Sounds wonderful! We are doing this excursion is October. What ship were you on? How long were you in port? We are there from 7-4. Trying to figure if we will have any time left over after the excursion to do shopping.

We were on the Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas. We were in port from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, ship time (Cayman was an hour behind). The tour left at 9:30 island time (8:30 ship time) so we had about a half hour to shop around before hand. Most shops opened at 9:00 island time. Afterwards we had at least an hour if we wanted to do more shopping or bumming around. We opted to get right back on the ship since I already purchased what I needed (my Hard Rock Cafe hurricane glass). There was only 1 other ship in port (Carnival) so there was absolutely no waiting for the tender back. You can check the ships in port for your date and judge from there how much time you may need after the excursion. There is a website but I don't have it any longer. I got it from these boards so I'm sure you can find it.

You will absolutely LOVE the tour with Nativeway. I would recommend getting off your ship as soon as you can and shop some before leaving on the excursion. You will have 30 minutes prior at least and there is plenty of room on thier boat to keep your purchases dry. If you happen to run behind or are nervous about getting back on the ship, at least you would have done some shopping. But don't worry, they will make sure you have plenty of time and are not rushed.

Grand Cayman, George Town: 5*’ssmile.gif

We booked with Nativeway, for the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Beach. Well the same problem as before, some of the group didn’t show-up; we waited for about 30 min. (again) before they decided to take us on our tour it was a group of 6, another couple and two ladies from the cruise that worked as photographers in the ship, plus two guides, they provided us with water and punch while going to the Stingray Sandbar and the Barrier Reef.We decided to go snorkeling at the Barrier Reef first. Charlie and Sheldon our tour guides ware able to get an eel out of its hideout and it was quite big. Than comes a nurse shark we got scared for a minute but the guides demonstrated that the creature was completely harmless; we also saw lots of colorful fish. When we decided to go see the Rays it was even more crowded than before so our Nativeway’s guides anchor the boat at a distance from them and we ware able to have our own private tour with the Rays, I did not fed them or kiss them but my DH did and the rest of the group, I petted them and took lots of pictures. Then for our final destination we went to Rum Point Beach were we had lunch, DH and I had the catch of the day with the typical rice/beans and coleslaw. Rum Point is very nice with lots of trees that provide abundant shade that covered most of the picnic tables were we had our lunch. The beach was so nice that my DH and I are thinking on taking a vacation and stay there for a few days. It’s so beautiful and peaceful you just don’t want to leave.

We booked with Nativeway, for the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Beach. Well the same problem as before, some of the group didn’t show-up; we waited for about 30 min. (again)

How did this impact your arrival back at the pier? How long were you in port? Were you rushed to make the last tender? (Sorry for all the questions!!) :o

Thanks for the mini-review! I am reading everything I can about the RRR tour! Thanks for the info! :)

We were fortunate to not have to wait for anyone for our excursion with Nativeway. We had 2 others from our cruise ship, then picked up 4 from a local hotel that was on the way (they were ready and waiting). Only a total of 8 on our boat which was wonderful. They even let one guy steer the boat on the way to the reef.

Lunch choices, if I recall, were Fish and chips (which most got and was delicious), pulled pork sandwich/fries, blackened mahi mahi sandwich, jerk chicken sandwich, and maybe one other selection I can't remember. Also came with iced tea or water. It was very good food and just enough to keep you going until dinner. The fish and chips were two long fish pieces, battered, and french fries. The picnic tables were all under palm and evergreen treas and was shaded nicely.

Take notice of the sand on that beach. Most beaches I've been to are made up of crushed seashell but this was like liquid silk. Not a shell to be found and it was so smooth.

Have a great time, you'll love it.

Sharon was great, very nice lady. Our excursion finished a bit early (about 20 minutes) and the bus that took us from the port to thier boat dock at the beginning was not ready to pick us up. So, Sharon and her husband were their waiting for us with their personal automobiles. Sharon took the 4 of us that were returning to the tender in her SUV, and her husband took the 4 that were from the hotel on the island to their destination. Now that's what I call personal service!! How many other companies would have made us wait in the heat for the bus to arrive. I give Nativeway cudos all around.

Sharon was great, very nice lady. Our excursion finished a bit early (about 20 minutes) and the bus that took us from the port to thier boat dock at the beginning was not ready to pick us up. So, Sharon and her husband were their waiting for us with their personal automobiles. Sharon took the 4 of us that were returning to the tender in her SUV, and her husband took the 4 that were from the hotel on the island to their destination. Now that's what I call personal service!! How many other companies would have made us wait in the heat for the bus to arrive. I give Nativeway cudos all around.

Wow, that's really great!! I am very pleased w/ the customer service so far!!

Thanks so much for your review; I have also booked with nativeways, and I would like to know if at Rum Point there are any shops. I want to buy some rum cakes which I have heard are very tastefull:D

Grand Cayman, George Town: 5*’ssmile.gif

We booked with Nativeway, for the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Beach. Well the same problem as before, some of the group didn’t show-up; we waited for about 30 min. (again) before they decided to take us on our tour it was a group of 6, another couple and two ladies from the cruise that worked as photographers in the ship, plus two guides, they provided us with water and punch while going to the Stingray Sandbar and the Barrier Reef.We decided to go snorkeling at the Barrier Reef first. Charlie and Sheldon our tour guides ware able to get an eel out of its hideout and it was quite big. Than comes a nurse shark we got scared for a minute but the guides demonstrated that the creature was completely harmless; we also saw lots of colorful fish. When we decided to go see the Rays it was even more crowded than before so our Nativeway’s guides anchor the boat at a distance from them and we ware able to have our own private tour with the Rays, I did not fed them or kiss them but my DH did and the rest of the group, I petted them and took lots of pictures. Then for our final destination we went to Rum Point Beach were we had lunch, DH and I had the catch of the day with the typical rice/beans and coleslaw. Rum Point is very nice with lots of trees that provide abundant shade that covered most of the picnic tables were we had our lunch. The beach was so nice that my DH and I are thinking on taking a vacation and stay there for a few days. It’s so beautiful and peaceful you just don’t want to leave.

See if this works better

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html

I did the RRR tour a couple up weeks ago so I'll try to bullet some points here to answer questions.

Video - A person from VIP came with us to capture the day. The cost of the DVD was $60 plus $5 for mailing. There were only 3 families (10 people) so there is loads of coverage of everyone on the 45 min dvd. It arrived in less than two weeks (to Canada) and the quality is amazing even on large projection HD tv. The videographer scubas with you as you snorkle and swim with the rays so you get some great views from her vantage point. Background music was added to the dvd of a local band with soothing Carribean sounds that work great with the images. The price may be up or down depending on the number of people. Here is their website.

www.vipcayman.com

Tour Guides - we had Sheldon and Charlie who were both great. Sheldon is a local and Charlie hails from Jamaica. They were both great with the kids on board - jumping of the boat (sorry, after we stopped of course), steering the boat, etc. They were very good with the nurse sharks and morey eel that they coaxed out of a reef cave. Charlie swam around getting the rays for everyone to hold. Someone asked about a male ray (which are very rare) and Charlie went and found one for us. The other tour operators came over to get the male when we were done - they couldn't find one. At Rum Point Sheldon explaned about local politics, education, Cayman history.

We will be in Grand Cayman Oct 20 on the Carnival Valor. We arrive 9:00am and that is when they say the tour leaves. I am a bit confused about local time vs. ship time. Do you think we can do this tour with native ways? I have emailed them but have not heard back yet. Thanks for the in put

Archived