Just back from Disney Dream May 4 - 8, 2015

DeltaOne

Just back from the May 4 - 8, 2015 Disney Dream cruise.

Myself (grand-dad), son, daughter-in-law and their 3 year old daughter. We had connecting balcony rooms on deck 8.

We arrived at port around 10:30 am, were onboard at 11:30 am. We spent the first hour making reservations (meet & greets for the 3 year old, mixology for myself and son). Then lunch at the Enchanted Garden until 1:30. We then went to our rooms. Muster drill was 4 pm, sail-away party 4:30 pm, then sail-away at 5 pm.

We had early dining, 5:45 pm. Our servers were great, no problems. Our room steward was also excellent.

We enjoyed the main show each night, they were excellent. The mixology class we selected was the tequila and margarita tasting. Excellent! We got to sip Patron silver, reposado and anejo tequila, and a traditional and peach margarita. We had hoped to book another class on making drinks but didn't get around to it.

We had rain for the morning in Nassau. We toured the aquarium, it was okay. By the time we were back at the ship (about 1:30 pm) the sky was brightening. By 3 pm it was bright and sunny. We had lots of fun this afternoon by the pools and on Aqua Duck (while most passengers were in Nassau). 3 year old had tons of fun in the water play zone (water shooting every which way). She loved it.

Next day was Castaway Cay. Bright and sunny, low 80's. A great beach day, we had lunch and mid-afternoon returned to the ship.

Then a sea day. We explored the ship, I got to spend a few hours of quiet time in the adult-only pool area.

All in all, a great cruise. If I had to find one negative, it was that I thought they shut down the breakfast and lunch service a bit early. Maybe 10:30 am for breakfast? 2:15 pm for lunch? Seemed a bit early to me, although one could still get food up by the pool. It worked for us, since we had early 5:45 main dining.

The character meet & greets were handled well. Grand-daughter had a ball and we got lots of nice pictures. At each session I handled my son's fancy camera, I handed my smartphone to the staff person there and asked them to take a few pictures. And we bought a few of the pics the ship's photographer had taken.