Quantum & Anthem Photo Review - Food Focus - All Specialty and Dynamic Dining

I remember your Oasis review with the amazing pictures. I see this review is more of the same....great writing style with beautiful pictures. I'll be following along with interest as I was on Quantum last month and really looking forward to read about your experience and thoughts.:)

Sorry the tone is not as effusive as my Oasis review, but I am just reporting it as I found it.

I am hoping Royal Caribbean will eventually make Quantum Class live up to its potential. I thought three months after the maiden voyage was long enough for them to have ironed out the bugs, but clearly not...

Many thanks for your feedback.

megacruiser

Stunning photos! I fondly recall reading your Oasis review, so I am looking forward to this one. Not sure that I will get to sail this class of ship in the near future, so sailing virtually along with you is the next best thing!

Chris

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Cheers

megacruiser

Bread with Tapenade (delicious)...

Chic%20Bread%20Tapenade-9656_zpshzenvuqb.jpg

Average Crab Cake - with a chipotle kick...

Chic%20Crab%20Cake-7651_zpsfgmiflok.jpg

Prime Rib – tender and tasty...

Chic%20Prime%20Rib-9666_zpslulpceqe.jpg

Carrot Cake – nothing special...

Chic%20Carrot%20cake-9668_zpsxivyeufu.jpg

That last picture of Carrot Cake looks interesting to me, from the perspective of that Carrot Cake is usually a dark in color layer cake, sometimes with raisins and some times with walnuts, and usually is accompanied with (too much) cream cheese frosting, and is usually overbearingly sweet.

This looks like a fairly light sponge cake (that has been bruleed?) of several layers. What was the liquid in the bowl below that?

Have Anthem booked for December 2015.

Following your review with great interest and love your insight.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

So glad to hear that you are interested; many thanks. It's not as enjoyable writing a review when all was not as it should have been. You can see from my previous reviews that I have no axe to grind, so readers can be assured that I am telling it as I found it. For some, that will be helpful; for others it will shatter their illusions. Do remember this is a snapshot of how I perceived things on my cruise in February; and of course things should improve as they fine-tune the operation. Hopefully by the time I sail on Anthem in September, everything will be working like a well-oiled machine...

Kind regards

megacruiser

That last picture of Carrot Cake looks interesting to me, from the perspective of that Carrot Cake is usually a dark in color layer cake, sometimes with raisins and some times with walnuts, and usually is accompanied with (too much) cream cheese frosting, and is usually overbearingly sweet.

This looks like a fairly light sponge cake (that has been bruleed?) of several layers. What was the liquid in the bowl below that?

I see what you are saying. All I can say is that it didn't strike me as multi-layered so not sure how that exterior appearance was achieved. Nor did it seem bruleed. As far as I remember the liquid is just a light syrup, flavoured with orange. The carrot cake was indeed not as heavy as is common...

Kind regards

megacruiser

I see what you are saying. All I can say is that it didn't strike me as multi-layered so not sure how that exterior appearance was achieved. Nor did it seem bruleed. As far as I remember the liquid is just a light syrup, flavoured with orange. The carrot cake was indeed not as heavy as is common...

Kind regards

megacruiser

When the item pictured was served to me I had ordered the Plum Crepe Millefeuille Lemon Crème, Vanilla, Apricot. I'm thinking you were not served what you ordered.

When the item pictured was served to me I had ordered the Plum Crepe Millefeuille Lemon Crème, Vanilla, Apricot. I'm thinking you were not served what you ordered.

Thanks for your input. Now you mention it, that makes sense. Sorry for any confusion.

Regards

megacruiser

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks Megaceuiser! I'm intrigued, at least enough to try it, even though I trust your opinion.

It just seems like a far enough departure from typical carrot cake for me to be curious enough to give it a try.

Love your review. I'm looking forward to the rest!

Thanks again for taking the time to put together an objective piece.

I really appreciate your unbiased approach.

Kind regards

megacruiser

That was definitely not the carrot cake we had in March. Ours was delicious and looked nothing like yours. I wonder if they messed up and gave you another dessert. Keep all the pictures coming.....again I can't say enough about your photos....they are awesome ☺️

Sorry the tone is not as effusive as my Oasis review, but I am just reporting it as I found it.

I am hoping Royal Caribbean will eventually make Quantum Class live up to its potential. I thought three months after the maiden voyage was long enough for them to have ironed out the bugs, but clearly not...

Many thanks for your feedback.

megacruiser

Trust me, I hear what you are saying. We were on Quantum five months after the maiden and our experience was way different than our other Royal cruises. We were very surprised that lack of service among some other problems were still an issue in April.

In regards to the carrot cake, I also think you were served something else. We had carrot cake at Chic and the picture of yours is definitely not the same. Ours looked fairly typical and it was absolutely delicious.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.:)

As we headed due south the outside temperature and bright sunshine tempted sunbathers out onto the open decks...

Pool%20Sunbathers%20-_zpsvjeepxub.jpg

Pool%20screen%20movie-9964_zps7lvi2uqb.jpg

Kids pool area...

Pool%20Kids-9968_zpsex7drr8c.jpg

Band playing above pool deck...

pool%20band-9967_zps0bnvwxcv.jpg

North Star being tested...

North%20Star-_zpsyoovw77a.jpg

Indoor Pool not overly crowded...

Indoor%20Pool%20Bar-9954_zpsftqeesou.jpg