Alaska on Navigator - attire

Troban

Hi, new to this whole cruise thing, we leave next week- YAY-

Husband is concerned about being in jeans, nice jeans after 6. I have looked thru threads and found some differing opinions.

Can you eat, go to show, be out on decks in jeans after 6 or must it be slacks ?

For nicer dinner nights is a jacket for men a must or is a collared dress shirt and slacks what most wear?

No jeans - slacks. It is in all of their literature and also in their daily newspaper, "Passages". Occasionally someone gets away with it, however, after 6:00 p.m., you can be asked to change. Does not need to be dress slacks, Dockers, for instance, would be fine.

Have a great cruise!

Just off the Navigator in Alaska... and I am the master of the dress-down.... but had no problem at all being in compliance.

Jeans and shorts are fine during daytime hours. After 6, as TC stated, nicer slacks are in order.

I usually travel with many jean-style denim pants (black, brown, etc...non-blue jean types), but left them home this trip in lieu of slacks and Docker type pants.

One gentleman showed up in La veranda for dinner in dark jean fabric pants and was met at the entrance and was told discreetly that they were inappropriate. He was allowed to dine, though, with a one-time dispensation. :p

A few times I found myself out and about after 6pm with the blue jeans I wore ashore... I was able to hide from the "jean-police" in the cigar lounge until it was time to go dress for dinner. ;)

Jackets were in the minority for most of the evenings.

We were very comfortable with the dress code and did not find it a spoiler in any way. Frankly, it was the way we usually dress on cruises regardless of any dress code.

Edited by computerworks

Thank you both, we had read the policies, but had also noted that Alaska was a little more dress down than some of the other cruises.

This is exactly how we dress to go out for a nice dinner so no problem.

Computer works, I followed your thread and want to Thank you again for all the pictures and info. We are both looking forward to this. The cruise part I hope hubby enjoys because I think I will love.

I have already looked at another Regent Cruise but oh my the cost. Hoping they offer great deals while onboard.

The only difficulty we had with the dress code is that the 6:00 cutoff often coincides with the sailaway time. We took a Baltic cruise last summer, and the area was in the midst of an epic heat wave. So shorts were the way to go while in port.

When we returned to the ship at the end of the day, it would have been nice to go up to the Observation Lounge and watch our departure with a cocktail, and then go get ready for dinner. But to do that, we had to change first. It wasn't a huge deal, it just would have been nice, is all.

Other than that, we love the casual dress code, and appreciate that it is enforced, but done discreetly.