Wheelchair friendly? NO!

urlaub

I like to be on Oceania. I am a silver member. My husband is paraplegic and confined in a wheelchair. When we want to do a cruise on the smaller ships we must book an accessible inside cabin because there are no others.

The iterneraries often are more attractive to us on the smaller ships. When I read that Oceania will take over Ocean Princess I was happy because they also have two accessible outside cabins. 4052 and 4056. Because of the size there is no 4054.

Now I saw that Oceania changed this and will also only offer inside rooms for handicapped people.The deck plan of the new Sirena shows 4052, 4054 and 4056 without wheelchair sign.

This makes me really sad!

I agree with you. I don't understand why Oceania is not more friendly to people with disabilities. My DH and I sailed on Oceania twice, once on Regatta and once on Mariner. At the time we were both fine. We were in PH cabins on both cruises. We really enjoyed the cruises. However, my husband now has Parkinsons and needs to use a wheelchair. Because the choice of cabins is now so limited, we will not sail on Oceania again. It's really a shame.

It appears Oceania is not that 'friendly' to HC passengers. Even their two new ships only have six HC cabins each. Looking at Ocean and Pacific Princess, they are not the same...I believe Pacific has more HC cabins. those OV cabins must have been modified by Princess, as the deck plans of all of the other R ships do not have them: Three Oceania, two Azamara, and the Adonia of P&O. So, it will be interesting to see if they retrofit for three cabins, or if anyone notices...and they leave them as HC cabins, but noone notices that there are only two cabins there instead of three, and the first cruise, when someone is sold and goes looking for cabin 4054...and it isn't there...EM