Vision of the Seas 7 night Western Caribbean Questions.

This will be our first time sailing with our kids and also our first time sailing on VOS. The last cruise my DH and I took was on FOS. After going through 40 some pages of these forums I have come to the conclusion that VOS is not nearly as nice as FOS. Will my husband and I be disappointed? I know my kids will have a great time no matter what since this is their first time, but is FOS really that much better than VOS?

Any great advice I need for taking my kids for the first time? I read all the posts on the Adventure Club so I think I have that covered but I'm sure there are so many other things I haven't considered. DS will be 11 and my other DS will be 9 when we sail in February.

As far as excursions go what are your favorites for the different stops?

Last question (For now) on my "My Cruises"page on the website I am not allowed to schedule our dining times or see the shows and reserve the times for them. Is that because I haven't paid the final deposit or because it is so far away Still? With our last cruise two years ago I remember being able to do all that right away. However I don't remember how far in advance I booked.

Thank you!

...Last question (For now) on my "My Cruises"page on the website I am not allowed to schedule our dining times or see the shows and reserve the times for them. Is that because I haven't paid the final deposit or because it is so far away Still? ...

There are no advanced entertainment reservations for Vision.

It could be too early to reserve dining times.

This will be our first time sailing with our kids and also our first time sailing on VOS. The last cruise my DH and I took was on FOS. After going through 40 some pages of these forums I have come to the conclusion that VOS is not nearly as nice as FOS. Will my husband and I be disappointed? I know my kids will have a great time no matter what since this is their first time, but is FOS really that much better than VOS?

Any great advice I need for taking my kids for the first time? I read all the posts on the Adventure Club so I think I have that covered but I'm sure there are so many other things I haven't considered. DS will be 11 and my other DS will be 9 when we sail in February.

As far as excursions go what are your favorites for the different stops?

Last question (For now) on my "My Cruises"page on the website I am not allowed to schedule our dining times or see the shows and reserve the times for them. Is that because I haven't paid the final deposit or because it is so far away Still? With our last cruise two years ago I remember being able to do all that right away. However I don't remember how far in advance I booked.

Thank you!

You will enjoy the Vision. It is one of my favorite ships. The staff is the best. Call Royal or your TA NOW to get your dinning time, if your on traditional dinning. As far as ports go into Royals website and you should get all the information you need to book your excursions or do a search on Cruise Critic.

Edited by CrusingJoe

We are on my time dinning, not traditional. I did the same with our last cruise but was able to reserve our dinning times after we booked. That way I can schedule them around our port times.

I have beEn looking at the cruise planner for excursions there are so many! What were some of your favorites?

Good to know that we won't be disappointed in VOS I figured we wouldn't be disappointed on RCI.

Also is there a way for kids to be abe to see the bridge? I know my kids would be fascinated with that.

...Also is there a way for kids to be abe to see the bridge? I know my kids would be fascinated with that.

Royal has an All-Access tour for $150 per person that show the bridge, along with many other areas of the ship. You can book this online or at Guest Services onboard.

We were on the VOS this past March with my 14 yr. old daughter. We thought it had the BEST crew we have come across on RCL yet. The bridge appears about 6:00 p.m. or so on your way out of Tampa Bay. You can go up on the top deck and really appreciate how close it really seems. On the return it is about 5:15 a.m. or so. The VOS is a classic RCL ship with no Promenade of course and not as many bells and whistles as the Freedom (we have sailed twice before). But IMO it makes up the loss by the great, personable service of the crew. The areal show in the centrum is great as well as the shows were entertaining especially the comics. Food was better than what we experienced on the Freedom but you don't have the larger choice at lunch in terms of non American basic fare. (curry, Asian, etc.). The Maya Key island was very good way to enjoy a lay on the beach as well as a very good lunch and swim. It is right across the bay from the dock. In Belize we did the Barrier Reef snorkel (BEG6) and it was outstanding. The crew was very friendly and the team leader really did a great job in the water pointing out all the sea life. They also pick you right off the ship (you tender at this port) and return right to the ship. In Costa Maya we did the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins (CM01) which was again a real winner. It was the closest ruin to the port and was a great educational experience for all of us. In Cozumel we did the Fury Catamaran Snorkel and Beach (CZ13) and it was O.K. the crew was not as "in to it" as the Belize tour and seemed to be just going through the motions. It was acceptable but if we had to do it again, probably not. The kid's clubs are smaller but the workers are much more personable IMO. Any other questions I would try to answer as best I can.:)

Six of us did similar itinerary on NCL Dawn and loved this cruise. In Roatan we booked a private driver (Bernard) through Victor Bodden tours. We had a great time. Bernard stayed with us wherever we went including the grocery store to make sure we found good deals and was very helpful. In Belize we did Mayan ruins. The highlight of our trip was Maya Chan in Costa Maya and we are currently looking for an excuse to return there. The staff, owners were attentive to a fault. We were greeted with a drink, guacamole, salsa and chips, kayaked, snorkeled, had a feast for lunch. All drinks, food, activities included in the fare. We are also booked on VOS in January 2016 and have read a lot of good things about this ship.

We are on my time dinning, not traditional. I did the same with our last cruise but was able to reserve our dinning times after we booked. That way I can schedule them around our port times.

I have beEn looking at the cruise planner for excursions there are so many! What were some of your favorites?

Good to know that we won't be disappointed in VOS I figured we wouldn't be disappointed on RCI.

Also is there a way for kids to be abe to see the bridge? I know my kids would be fascinated with that.

Did you mean the Ships Bridge, where the run the ship? Is so if your D+ your kids are also, I thinks and if so it's free and you will get an invite. In Belize I would do the tubing tour, you and the kids will love it.