7 Day Mexican Riviera Carnival Miracle Cruise - Visa Question

lazyme

I am planning on taking a 7 day Carnival Cruise to Mexico. I will be joined by my parents who are citizens of India and will visiting the United States on a tourist visa.

I read in this link - https://mexico.visahq.com/requirements/India/resident-United_States/ - that "Starting May 1st, 2010, all foreigners, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico as tourists, transmigrate or for business matters will not need a visa for Mexico as long as they hold a valid US visa and arrive in Mexico from the United States."

From this it seems, travelling to Mexico on a cruise wouldn't be a problem as my parents would be having a valid US tourist visa. Is my assumption correct?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am planning on taking a 7 day Carnival Cruise to Mexico. I will be joined by my parents who are citizens of India and will visiting the United States on a tourist visa.

I read in this link - https://mexico.visahq.com/requirements/India/resident-United_States/ - that "Starting May 1st, 2010, all foreigners, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico as tourists, transmigrate or for business matters will not need a visa for Mexico as long as they hold a valid US visa and arrive in Mexico from the United States."

From this it seems, travelling to Mexico on a cruise wouldn't be a problem as my parents would be having a valid US tourist visa. Is my assumption correct?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I beleive you are correct, but I would contact Carnival and make sure so you don't have any last minute problems.

Carnival is not the place to get answers to Visa questions.

The immigration web site or the embassy for a foreign country is the place for that. No one in Mexico checks passports but you will need to use it to get onto the ship .

I know that for UK citizens to travel on a ship to Mexico all they need is their passport and their ESTA or Visa for entry to the USA . There is no separate visa necessary from Mexico. It sounds like it is the same for folks from India from what that web site says. I'd just print out the info from the web site to bring to the ship in case the people checking in there question you. It is an official web site with more info than Carnival about immigration issues.