Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast... a few questions

Weeziblu

Is the Green Eggs & Ham breakfast held only once per sailing? What are the typical days/hours? And do you reserve this in advance or once on board?

Thanks for any help!

It is held on the last sea day. Normally there is two different times (on my last cruise it was 8:30 and 9:00AM). You have to reserve it onboard.

• 3 months later...

Two weeks ago on the Sunshine- the Seuss breakfast was not on our Sea Day. They held it on Freeport day(last day). Probably because our only Sea Day was Day 1 and not enough people would know about it yet.

Two seatings (8:15 or 9:30ish). There will be a small table set up with a crewmember near the temporary desk for the specialty restaurant(s). Set up was just inside the Lido doorway on the Sunshine but will be somewhere visible to a lot of people. Can't miss it. Or I'm sure you can go to Guest Services to sign-up, too.

On the Pride it is held on the last Sea Day. The times were 8:00am and 9:45am. We signed up at the Camp Carnival Orientation. There is also a table in the lobby when you board and there is a number you can call to reserve. The cost is $5.00 per person.

We've done it twice. The kids love it.

The characters have stamp autographs. I saw someone bring the "Green Eggs and Ham" book and had the stamps put in the book. I thought that was a great idea!!

:) Enjoy!

20150501_085137_zpswdyhqd3q.jpg

The Truffula Tree Pancakes - on the Breeze in april

Green eggs and ham

20150501_085125_zps1rougkmc.jpg

20150501_083644_zpswzqvnicg.jpg

wonderful time,

here is one of the adult meal choices...

Fox in socks steak and eggs

20150501_085139_zpsdhs6kmtf.jpg

Edited by legion3

I will not eat green eggs, but I will eat Fox in socks steak and eggs, as will my kid. :D

I hit target dollar spot after we booked, so I have a bag ready with dr. suess goodies (and we have our hats) ! I'l have to find a book for them to sign, if not, I have a notepad.

Do you need kids to do this or can adults book it?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Adults sans kiddos can go, too! My sister and I went this past May and really enjoyed it. The menu is fun, and they do a great job with the decor.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Is the Green Eggs & Ham breakfast held only once per sailing? What are the typical days/hours? And do you reserve this in advance or once on board?

Thanks for any help!

I do not like them

In a house.

I do not like them

With a mouse.

I do not like them

Here or there.

I do not like them Anywhere.

I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am

I will not eat green eggs, but I will eat Fox in socks steak and eggs, as will my kid. :D

I hit target dollar spot after we booked, so I have a bag ready with dr. suess goodies (and we have our hats) ! I'l have to find a book for them to sign, if not, I have a notepad.

Just FYI, in case you can't find a book, they do have a little booklet the characters can sign. I didn't think to bring anything for my kids, but they just used the little booklet and were fine! I did see a couple of families with hats, and I was so jealous! Your pics will be adorable.

Also, if nothing on the Green Eggs menu strikes your fancy, they can still bring you food from the regular Sea Day brunch menu (at least they could last week on the Miracle). My DD ordered the Truffala Tree pancakes and they came stuck together with this weird syrup. I'm not sure if it was just regular syrup that had been sitting for a while or what, but it was kind of odd. So I asked our waiter if I could get some pancakes without the syrup, and he brought me a fresh stack of regular old pancakes from the regular menu (with a side of peanut butter, no less)! So that will probably be an option for you guys, too.

Do you need kids to do this or can adults book it?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I and a lot of other adults booked it without children just out of nostalgia. You can see pictured below the little booklet they give you to get autographs from The Cat in the Hat and the other characters. I also have listed a picture of the green eggs and ham and of the fruit parfait which I particularly liked.

1445948374541.jpg.0dd4a1869fb992243528c46db8e59d07.jpg

1445948445458.jpg.3e0eeb5745bd03c29839eed8d6920682.jpg

1445948482066.jpg.9dd9657b401d14875c0af691b34b10aa.jpg

1445948523254.jpg.af4ed868292893228bede1fbdae0a1dc.jpg

1445948570419.jpg.51f1417ca80a46d4d2cf95404dc349c0.jpg

We accompanied our two small granddaughters (2 yrs and 8 mos) to this recently on Glory, along with the parents and an adult friend . For a few weeks before the cruise grandma read the stories to the older child. At breakfast, each wore a "Thing #" t-shirt and were thrilled when the characters came to breakfast. The staff was happy to take pictures with your camera, and all were great with the children. There was no rushing anyone to the door.

The food is generally the same as served at brunch with some Suess-ian twists, such as the Green eggs. Waffles crusted with frosted flakes...mmmm.

We all had a blast, too.