Breeze L shaped balcony cabins

jolyroger

Looking into booking another cruise for our 20th anniversary next yr on the Breeze. We've cruised on this ship twice before so we pretty much know the lay out and such. We wanted to try a different location on the ship , ususally we book a regular balcony, then when prices go down ,book a spa balcony. Now looking into the L shaped balconies on deck 7 and 8 (didn't look at 6 cause I heard and read not good) any one have any info or pics or opinions on these types of balconies? The seem to have a nice amount of balcony space , and enough cabin room for the hubby and I. Actually at the moment I have a curtesty hold on 7455(yeah the hubby doesn't know that yet, lol) But looked into 8469 as well...Thank you for any help!

I have the same cabin booked on Magic. I've heard more good than bad. Actually, the only bad I've heard is that it doesn't have a couch, just a chair. I can live with that for the bigger balcony. I was originally planning to book a cove, but didn't hesitate when I saw the L shaped cabin still available.

Someone on Facebook posted a good video of Magic cabin 7454 not too long ago but it was just to the Galveston Carnival Cruisers group and it's not on Youtube.

I have one booked on the Breeze in less then two weeks! Can't wait to try it! I am looking forward to the larger balcony and mostly how the bed faces the water, great way to wake up. I know some decks the bed faces the opposite (against the window), so if that is important be sure to look up the room.

Have tried them twice. The bigger balcony is nice if you spend a lot of time there. However, we found the cabin without the couch to seem smaller and the location of the bathroom on the other side from the closets was not ideal. It doesn't live up to the spaciousness it appears to have in the pictures.

Just had one of those cabins on the Breeze 8469 and absolutely loved it. It did not have a chair or couch but an ottoman and table. Loved the fact that the bed faces the windows to see out to ocean. The balcony is huge. Loved the layout of the room as well. Can put suitcases in cove by door and the bathroom is by bed. Its hard to go back to regular balcony :D I will try to see if I can post pics. Its been so long have to look how to do it lol.

We actually had that very same cabin you have on hold, 7455, back in 2013 on our first Breeze cruise. We enjoyed the larger balcony, but we missed the couch and the cabin space that we had with our standard balcony rooms. Therefore on our Breeze trip in 2014 and for this year we have gone back to the standard balcony. It was a great view though, just a little tight with the space.

Well I'm thinking since it's only us two, no kids this cruise, having no couch isn't a biggie...but I'm thinking waking up to seeing the ocean at the foot of my bed, pretty awesome..

We've also had this room before and loved it. A lot of people don't like the location of the bathroom, however we found it more convenient, not so congested across from closets and door area like regular balconies. We also didn't miss couch but enjoyed sitting back in the bed and enjoying the view out the windows and doors, also with a lounger on the balcony and 2 regular chairs, both of you can sit out there very comfortably. We thought for just the two of us there was plenty of room and it's merely a trade off for the couch inside vs lounger outside. Also deck 7 is great sandwiched between other cabin floors with no extra noise. Hope you enjoy it!

We stayed in 7455 on the Dream (and a similar stateroom on the Freedom) and we love them. The bathroom location is different, and there is a little less room than a standard balcony, but we never missed the couch. I particularly like the positioning of the bed, facing the windows.

You can find pictures of this stateroom on the site where people post their own photos of cruise line rooms.

On our recent B2B on Breeze, my sister and her husband got one of these rooms (we had a cove balcony). They didn't like the layout and missed having some place to sit besides the bed. It was awkward when we wanted to hang out in their cabin with no place to sit. So most of the time we hung out in our room and they loved the cove balcony too. She actually brought one of the balcony chairs inside so she could sit to watch movies.

Well I'm thinking since it's only us two, no kids this cruise, having no couch isn't a biggie...but I'm thinking waking up to seeing the ocean at the foot of my bed, pretty awesome..

This is the exact reason we booked it as well. We personally never use the couch anyways and don't spend much time in the cabin itself, all about the balcony and the view!

Although, not a dream class ship, we had an L shaped balcony on the Liberty. The layouts are pretty much the same. We had 7343 and the bed faced the window and balcony door and the bathroom was to the left of the bed. We also did not have a couch but did have a small table tucked in the corner as well as the whole desk/vanity thing that all balcony cabins have.

We didn't miss the couch too much, and the trade off of the large balcony was worth it in my opinion. On our balcony was 2 chairs, a lounger and a table and we had plenty of room for all of that without being cramped. It was lovely to have your own private lounger :)

Did anyone find any pictures of these type cabins?

I have a link in my signature (the middle YouTube video) that shows the balcony (start @ about 4:22). Also have plenty of pictures, but on a disk at home, I will upload when I get a chance. (The video is of the Conquest, not the Breeze, sorry)

On a side note DW and I love these rooms. The negatives that others have pointed out are accurate. We think those negatives are out weighed by the larger balcony.

Happy sailing!

Awesome thank you!! Something different to try and since it's just my husband and i,I think it'll be perfect. .although on a side note he did say if I wanted to change to a junior suite we could...but the only ones left are 9205 and 9206...and gotta say, not too keen on the obstructed view..think I'll keep my L cabin ,l..now off to watch that YouTube video!

If you want a huge balcony then go ahead and book it. Just be aware that the room size does not correlate to the balcony size. The room is actually quite small compared to other wraparound cabins. We cruised in a standard aft balcony and our friends were in the wraparound and they were VERY disappointed with the cabin. For two women it was not what they expected and had less storage than a standard balcony. :(

If you want the balcony, book it. Otherwise go with a standard aft or a wraparound on a Conquest or Spirit class ship.

Take care,

Mike

If you want a huge balcony then go ahead and book it. Just be aware that the room size does not correlate to the balcony size. The room is actually quite small compared to other wraparound cabins. We cruised in a standard aft balcony and our friends were in the wraparound and they were VERY disappointed with the cabin. For two women it was not what they expected and had less storage than a standard balcony. :(

If you want the balcony, book it. Otherwise go with a standard aft or a wraparound on a Conquest or Spirit class ship.

Take care,

Mike

Well we are cruising on the Breeze ,so not sure if the size is Any different..we looked into a wrap too, but figured we try this first . Hoping it's not crazy movement being in the back. .we've been in the middle and at the front. Both we found very little if any movement.. but also they were both on the breeze and dream ships

We will leave next week for our 3rd cruise with an L-Shaped cabin. The larger balcony more than makes up for the missing couch to us. As for the location of the bathroom, the biggest problem is the light switch is outside so you have to turn on the light before you close the door and open the door before you turn off the light. We got a battery powered rechargeable night light and plug it into the outlet above the mirror. Battery powered because the outlet is only powered when the light is on. No need to turn on the light at night so problem solved.

I have a link in my signature (the middle YouTube video) that shows the balcony (start @ about 4:22). Also have plenty of pictures, but on a disk at home, I will upload when I get a chance. (The video is of the Conquest, not the Breeze, sorry)

On a side note DW and I love these rooms. The negatives that others have pointed out are accurate. We think those negatives are out weighed by the larger balcony.

Happy sailing!

Would love to see your cabin pictures. We have one of these L shaped cabins booked on the Magic for Feb. Really wanted to see what it looked like, my wife really enjoys the couch, but also enjoys the balcony.

Thanks,

Doug

I'm going on the Brezze in January and I book a L shaped cabin 6486. I'm now worried I made a mistake booking a cabin on deck 6. Why is deck 6 undesirable? This was the only deck that had L shape cabins available.

Lynn