Silhouette LGBT - TA 11/05/2016

daviddfld

Booked this sailing while on a recent TA sailing. We're David & Larry from near Ft. Lauderdale. We have been a couple for 37 years, and we were recently married in March 2015.

Looking forward to meeting other LGBT family between now and Nov 2016.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Everyone, Kim my husband just posted and I thought I would introduce myself as well. We live in Atlanta GA and cant wait for our next TA. Kim is from Copenhagen and I am originally from Texas. We have been together 15 years and also just got married this summer! Finally...

Glad to see this boaard is already started!

Hi Kim & Ted,

Happy to see your posts, and welcome to the board.

Larry & I just debarked this morning from CEL Equinox, a 13 night TA from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. Had a great sailing. Had dinner most evenings with a couple of guys from Atlanta. But now working on laundry from 2 weeks travel!

David & Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David and Larry,

I'm a little jeaous of your recent TA. We absolutely love Barcelona and have a good friend of ours from Denmark living there. He showed us all the nightlife before we started our TA a couple years ago. Fun times!

We have gotten a GTR Aqua room (non specific room) which we havent done before. But we dont really care where the room is since we spend so little time in there and neither of us get seasick. Looking forward to it and meeting everyone.....About a year to go! Ugh!

Hi David and Larry,

I'm a little jeaous of your recent TA. We absolutely love Barcelona and have a good friend of ours from Denmark living there. He showed us all the nightlife before we started our TA a couple years ago. Fun times!

We have gotten a GTR Aqua room (non specific room) which we havent done before. But we dont really care where the room is since we spend so little time in there and neither of us get seasick. Looking forward to it and meeting everyone.....About a year to go! Ugh!

Hi Guys ... Aqua class is great. And you should enjoy dining in Blu, which is in my opinion the main reason to book an Aqua class stateroom.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Greetings Everyone,

I am Michael from San Diego. My friend Kevin, from Ft. Lauderdale, and I will be onboard in November and we look forward to a great voyage. We actually booked this trip back in November onboard the Equinox. The fall TA has become a bit of a tradition!

Only 215 days until sail away!

M

Welcome Michael & Kevin. Perhaps we can get to know you a bit on this thread between now and November!

Thanks Daviddfld...I think we have chatted on a previous thread or two because your avatar is familiar.

My hubby and I live here San Diego. I am a bit of a liner geek and became hooked on the transatlantics many years ago thanks to my first crossing aboard the QE2. We have tried a number of lines with Celebrity being our favorite followed by Cunard.

We have met some amazing people on our adventures at sea, including Kevin and his husband who live in Wilton Manors.

I look forward to meeting everyone on this board in November as well!

I will fly into Rome the night before sail away and just head to Civitavecchia for the night.

Cheers from a wet and rainy San Diego!

M

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

It is with great sadness that we let you know that we have had to cancel this sailing on Silhouette.

Hope you all have a FABULOUS time on the crossing, and hope to see you in the future.

All the best,

David & Larry

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

It is with great sadness that we let you know that we have had to cancel this sailing on Silhouette.

Hope you all have a FABULOUS time on the crossing, and hope to see you in the future.

All the best,

David & Larry

Thnx we will, I see you are already booked for 2017 TA something to look forward to.:)

Happy New Year everyone! Soooooo looking forward to this trip!

Have a great year

Ted and Kim

Hi there Ted & Kim hope it has been a happy one.

We sailed together on the Reflection and dined in Qsine with you Walter, Iain etc etc..

Look forward to catching up on board.... Drinks anyone?

Hi there Ted & Kim hope it has been a happy one.

We sailed together on the Reflection and dined in Qsine with you Walter, Iain etc etc..

Look forward to catching up on board.... Drinks anyone?

Hi Reload,

Michael from San Diego here. I noted on your post that you were on the 2012 Mid East/Asia cruise on the Solstice. Was that the Dubai to Singapore leg? My husband Edward and I were on that cruse so I am sure we met in Michaels Club a few times.

I will be traveling with a good friend from Ft. Lauderdale this time as Ed is unable to join unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing on Silhouette.

Cheers...Michael

Hi Reload,

Michael from San Diego here. I noted on your post that you were on the 2012 Mid East/Asia cruise on the Solstice. Was that the Dubai to Singapore leg? My husband Edward and I were on that cruse so I am sure we met in Michaels Club a few times.

I will be traveling with a good friend from Ft. Lauderdale this time as Ed is unable to join unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing on Silhouette.

Cheers...Michael

Well hello there Michael & Edward...went on a search through the roll call and Indeed remember meeting a group with three ladies, the ladies being the what I recalled plenty martinis and guys in Hawaiian shirts in Michaels Club.

We were the only group patronising the club on the Dubai Singapore route....the bar staff would line up our favourite drinks on us entering..and knew us all by name now that what I call knowing your customers.

I am terrible with names but never forget faces so will be on the lookout for you.

I am hoping someone on this forum will volunteer to be a cheerleader and organise an initial gathering...also pretty rotten at this i'm afraid.

a wave.......

Well hello there Michael & Edward...went on a search through the roll call and Indeed remember meeting a group with three ladies, the ladies being the what I recalled plenty martinis and guys in Hawaiian shirts in Michaels Club.

We were the only group patronising the club on the Dubai Singapore route....the bar staff would line up our favourite drinks on us entering..and knew us all by name now that what I call knowing your customers.

I am terrible with names but never forget faces so will be on the lookout for you.

I am hoping someone on this forum will volunteer to be a cheerleader and organise an initial gathering...also pretty rotten at this i'm afraid.

a wave.......

That was probably us. My husband is Asian and I am a pasty white ginger. We were traveling with friends from the UK and their mothers. The Hawaiian night was probably a "theme" night which our group does on occasion. Sadly, one of the ladies is no longer with us. She passed about four months after the cruise.

In any event, I look forward to seeing you again on this voyage. If there is a LGBT gathering after sail away, we'll attend. If not we usually start the evening off at The Martini Bar around 7:00pm.

Michael

Hi all,

My husband, Iain and I will also be on the TA crossing. We have done a number of TA's and really love them.

We have been together 27 years and were married the first day it was legal in California in 2008. We live in the San Francisco Bay area.

Look forward to meeting all of you. We will be hanging out in Michael's Club if other's are traveling in suites. The TA's usually attract a rather large LGBTQ following so is uncommon that we don't bump into people we have met before.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Jim

Hi all,

My husband, Iain and I will also be on the TA crossing. We have done a number of TA's and really love them.

We have been together 27 years and were married the first day it was legal in California in 2008. We live in the San Francisco Bay area.

Look forward to meeting all of you. We will be hanging out in Michael's Club if other's are traveling in suites. The TA's usually attract a rather large LGBTQ following so is uncommon that we don't bump into people we have met before.

Jim

Hi Jim....

We completely agree...we love the TA's. Nice to see some folks from California on here. See you onboard and safe travels to you both!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
That was probably us. My husband is Asian and I am a pasty white ginger. We were traveling with friends from the UK and their mothers. The Hawaiian night was probably a "theme" night which our group does on occasion. Sadly, one of the ladies is no longer with us. She passed about four months after the cruise.

In any event, I look forward to seeing you again on this voyage. If there is a LGBT gathering after sail away, we'll attend. If not we usually start the evening off at The Martini Bar around 7:00pm.

Michael

Hi Michael

We normally out on Sunset deck drink in hand for sail away, weather permitting.

Most evenings do the cocktail hour then head off for dinner ( stagger ) usually around 7.

The last TA a couple from our group started a trend by renting an alcove which turned into the venue for "Cocktails" others followed suit for the entire crossing.

On approaching the US the lawn was shut down for about 4 days, apparently regulation, due to disinfecting the lawn???? 20 unhappy cruisers.

Hi all,

Jim

Hi Jim & Iain

Clever countdown clock to pension, 🍾

We too enjoy the TA ( only 2 thus far ) especially the last week with no land in sight.

As for bumping into people for us has been mostly crew members, one such, a young assistant server came up to greet me, she recalled looking for feta cheese on the entire ship for my lunches.

Not long to go now

Ian

Hi Ian,

I basically stole the count-down-clock. Just went in and modified the code a little. LOL. Iain is really looking forward to retirement, as he works in Downtown San Francisco which is about an hour away. He usually stays in out flat in the City. Let me tell you he is not a morning person.

While we have met many people we have cruised with before my favorite is one of the Maître D' from Murano's. I think we had sailed with he and his wife (Excursion Manager) on 5-6 cruises and always shocked to see him on various ships.

One of our favorites was an assistant waiter that whispered to me - are you gay? When I responded positively he pointed to his chest and said "me too". He was so cute and I think it made him feel inclusive.

Edited by Jim_Iain

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Michael

We normally out on Sunset deck drink in hand for sail away, weather permitting.

Most evenings do the cocktail hour then head off for dinner ( stagger ) usually around 7.

The last TA a couple from our group started a trend by renting an alcove which turned into the venue for "Cocktails" others followed suit for the entire crossing.

On approaching the US the lawn was shut down for about 4 days, apparently regulation, due to disinfecting the lawn???? 20 unhappy cruisers.

Hi there Michael

Went rummaging through my pics of the Dxb - Sia to refresh my memory in the event of just walking by and not recognising 😱you, lo and behold came across a pic of you and yours at the Sunset bar on Solstice. Franz in the foreground and you just happened to be in the rear of the shot.

With the departure date galloping towards us finally getting into cruise mode, it helps to go through past trips i.e. photos to get the hang of it.