Silhouette LGBT - TA 11/05/2016

daviddfld

Greetings Sailors ,

Ron and Brian here from San Francisco very anxiously waiting for this cruise to get here!!!! As with most of our travel, this was rather last minute. It would be nice to have a hang out on board and from what I'm reading here there are some good ideas. I forget if Celebrity organizes any LGBT meet ups....

In any case, we look forward to making some new friends!

Brian and Ron

Email =

Xrayguy at live dot com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Greetings Sailors ,

Ron and Brian here from San Francisco very anxiously waiting for this cruise to get here!!!! As with most of our travel, this was rather last minute. It would be nice to have a hang out on board and from what I'm reading here there are some good ideas. I forget if Celebrity organizes any LGBT meet ups....

In any case, we look forward to making some new friends!

Brian and Ron

Email =

Xrayguy at live dot com

Ahoi Brian & Ron

We too booked last minute, we were so involved with summer, slipped my mind "cruising that is"

The martini bar seems to be the place that most people gather for drinks before dinner, we enjoy being out at Sunset bar. As far as hosting by celeb goes it only gets a mention in the daylies.

Ian & Franz

Welcome Brian and Ron.

We are neighbors. We have a flat in the City that Iain uses during the week but usually are at our home in Sunnyvale.

Celebrity often has an arranged LGBT greeting setup. They no longer poste them in the newsletter but post them on the events board at the front desk. Usually Martini Bar. TA's usually have a very large presence on board.

Ed and Jeff here from San Francisco. We will also be on the T/A 11/05.

We are sailing on the QM2 from NYC on the 24th of Oct to Southampton, then flying to Rome.

See you all at the Martini Bar, etc.

E/J

Hey Ed & Jeff

A Bon voyage for the first crossing,🍸 Martini Bar it is then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ed and Jeff

Ron and I are from SF as well and look forward to meeting you in board along with the rest of all of you.....Less than a week before we take off for Rome for a few days pre-cruise!!!

Bob voyage and see you all soon!

Hi fellas with just under a week before we board the train to Rome, getting the garden ready for the winter, the luggage up from the cellar, going over packing check lists (5 weeks worth to pack) plus the everyday stuff am real happy it's about to happen.

Have been monitoring the strike updates for Friday 4th and it seems like they are going ahead with the planned nationwide strike.

It's down to crisis management on this one, sure hoping we don't have to do a one way rental from Austria to Rome.!!!!!

Anyway you can change your travel plans to arrive Civitavecchia a day early and overnight there to reduce your stress level?

I haven't seen any information on the strike. Is it suppose to affect any inbound flights early Friday morning? We are arriving Friday 9ish and will be overnighting at FCO.

Coincidental to your question, I have sent a note to a friend who is a purser with British Airways Euro Fleet to see what his experience has been with these things. I am flying in early afternoon that day from Heathrow on British. I'll share any information I receive.

Thanks for any updates. I'm not going to stress over it. Even if we arrived a day late we would still make the ship.

We are connecting from SF in PHL so will hopefully be airborne long before any strike action. Usually even with a strike, long haul's are permitted to land unless the airport is totally shut down then you are diverted somewhere.

Thanks for any updates. I'm not going to stress over it. Even if we arrived a day late we would still make the ship.

We are connecting from SF in PHL so will hopefully be airborne long before any strike action. Usually even with a strike, long haul's are permitted to land unless the airport is totally shut down then you are diverted somewhere.

Jim_Ian,

Yes, you should be okay. My friend said that any actions directed at air travel are "usually" towards Alitalia. However, on the odd occasion ATC actions have caused delays. It will probably be fine especially for you being on a long haul journey.

Safe travels to everyone!

Michael

Jim_Ian,

Yes, you should be okay. My friend said that any actions directed at air travel are "usually" towards Alitalia. However, on the odd occasion ATC actions have caused delays. It will probably be fine especially for you being on a long haul journey.

Safe travels to everyone!

Michael

Thanks Michael. Safe travels to you also.

Iain got packed this weekend. I guess I will start packing today.

Well, spoke to Austrian Rail today and was assured that the International overnight trains are running , will just have to take our chances as for leaving 2 days earlier is not possible.

On the up side if we miss civitavecchia it's not far to Livorno on the next day.

We are down to three large cases and two carryons :eek: two people = 4 hands the fifth case will have to do a "Carmen Miranda"

When are you all flying out ?

We are leaving SF at 8:15 AM on Thursday arriving FCO on Friday around 8:00 am.

"Carmen Miranda" imagery has me chuckling.

We have cut our packing down to 1 suite case, 2 suite bags, a roller blade and a back pack. This will be our first cruise not bringing Tux.

Have a great trip and will look forward to meeting all on the ship.

Well, all packed, a few errands tomorrow then we r off.

We dumped taking tuxes a while back since our trips are usually extended ones, no way giving up valuable shopping space. Of late generally have the formal dinners in the stateroom.

"Bon arrive in Rome" to all

Waiting to board train in Vienna to Rome , we are finally on our way,

This is so much more civilised than flying nice and slow, no check in, no queueing, no luggage restraints, no hustle and bustle......

Most of you already in Italy see you on board tomorrow......