Price reduction

Since booking my cruise the price has gone down. Am I right in thinking that I might be able to get some credit for this? Does it matter that I booked through a TA?

Also, Does it matter that I've been upgraded to a promanade interior stateroom when we just booked a guaranteed inside stateroom? This cabin currently costs more than we paid but the grade we paid for has been reduced.

I'm just thinking the $200 could be great to spend on other things!

What's everyone's thought?

Are you past final payment date? You will need to call your TA and she can check with RCI.

If you are past final payment date, you might get upgraded but no OBC. If you haven't paid your final payment then you can get a reduction of the $200.00 but your TA will have to get it for you.

I've never been in situation like that so I'd love to hear what you find out. My hunch is that they'd make you pay the difference between the staterooms then give you the discount on the new room but you should definitely call and see.

Price reductions are only given before final payment, so that's the first thing you need to determine.

You booked an inside guarantee and you were assigned a promenade. Now the price of the inside guarantee has dropped. If you're before final payment, the ONLY way, I think, that you'd get the price reduction, is if you were willing to give up your promenade cabin and go back into the guarantee pool.

That means that you might end up with a regular inside or something else, but you'd be taking a chance. And there is no assurance that they'll let you do that and give you the reduction.

You'll have to contact your travel agent and ask them.

I have a somewhat similar situation; not exactly but perhaps close enough to help.

I booked an inside L category room. Before final payment was due, I paid my cruise in full (just mentioning this because it seems to get asked quite often whether there's a difference between it being due and being paid). Then, still before final payment was due, the price of the promenade cabin went down to be the same as the L category room was when I booked it (the L actually went up in price during this time, while the promenade went down). So, I called and asked for an upgrade to the promenade room and they did it with no problem.

To save time, I should just mention that at the time of this posting, my final payment date still has not happened so just assume from here on out that all transactions are before final payment date.

So, next, the price of the promenade room went down again, so I called to see if I could get the price reduction. They gave it to me, even though my original room category had gone up in price. Then, one more time, my promenade room went down. However, for some reason, this time they calculated my starting price as the price that a promenade was selling for when I originally booked my cruise. I noticed this because she was coming up with a larger credit than I calculated. When I explained how I got to my number, using the amount I paid originally, she said that on her screen, she was only able to see the cost of my current room category at the date of my booking, so, even though I told her what my original rate was (and also let her know i'd already gotten a credit and therefore my starting point should be even lower), she still calculated my discount based on the price of my current category and used the price that the promenade rooms were on the date I booked my cruise, minus what it was on the current day. This resulted in a credit of almost $200 more than I thought I should get. But since she said that's how they do it, I certainly didn't complain.