Britannia B507 Fjords cruise this weekend

freddie1974

Just received this from P&O:

"Due to a temporary technical power restriction on one of Britannia's engines, we will have to make a change to our call at Bergen. Britannia will now arrive into Bergen at lunchtime on Monday 18th May and will depart in the early evening.

All of our tours will still be able to operate with the exception of the tour to Hardangerfjord which I am sorry to confirm will be cancelled; we will refund those passengers who will now not be able to take part in this excursion. Our Shore Excursion team will communicate further information to you on board.

I am sorry for the change to our call to Bergen but I wanted to let you know of the changes before you join us on Saturday. Lastly may I take this opportunity of wishing you a fantastic holiday."

On a positive note, I won't be woken up early by the bow thrusters on Monday!

Yes

Just got this e mail, we had nothing planned for Bergen, I take it "lunchtime" means around 1200 hrs. At least they told us before we got aboard. Have a Great Cruise.

Martyn

I had nothing planned either, except a trip up the floeinbann if the weather was OK.

What concerns me is any further disruptions they have planned but just have not told us yet :(

Southampton to Bergen is about 750 nautical miles which suggests the ships top speed is restricted to 18 knots

Returning from Stavanger at 18 knots would get us into southampton at 6am if we left stavager at 5pm.

Bergen to andalsnes looks tricky. It is about 220 nautical miles which at 18 knots would take 12 hours, however there is a lot of slow speed fjord cruising so i would not be surprised if we arrived at andalsnes late :(

Andalsnes to Olden is 165nm which might be Ok but Olden to Stavanger is 260nm :eek:

I had nothing planned either, except a trip up the floeinbann if the weather was OK.

What concerns me is any further disruptions they have planned but just have not told us yet :(

Southampton to Bergen is about 750 nautical miles which suggests the ships top speed is restricted to 18 knots

Returning from Stavanger at 18 knots would get us into southampton at 6am if we left stavager at 5pm.

Bergen to andalsnes looks tricky. It is about 220 nautical miles which at 18 knots would take 12 hours, however there is a lot of slow speed fjord cruising so i would not be surprised if we arrived at andalsnes late :(

Andalsnes to Olden is 165nm which might be Ok but Olden to Stavanger is 260nm :eek:

Dave

in your opinion, do you think we are likely to arrive later than the posted 0900 hrs arrival for Stavanger ? Also concerns me they may be keeping quite about other delays.

Martyn

Dave

in your opinion, do you think we are likely to arrive later than the posted 0900 hrs arrival for Stavanger ? Also concerns me they may be keeping quite about other delays.

Martyn

Well, I would not plan based on it NOT happening.

Andelsnes is interesting, those taking the train excursion have to be off the ship and on the train by 9am, unless they send everyone by coach to Dombas and squeeze them all on the return trian.

Engine problems? already? It's hardly been run in yet!

Italian motors, what do you expect? ;)

Alpha Romeo are the same.

This is where some smart Alec comes along and corrects me by saying the engines were made in Germany or wherever!

Edited by shallwe

Italian motors, what do you expect? ;)

Alpha Romeo are the same.

This is where some smart Alec comes along and corrects me by saying the engines were made in Germany or wherever!

Some smart Alec will also tell you that it is Alfa and not Alpha ;)