Palma port

Will have a full day here, any suggestions? And is the port close to things? Thanks

How about finding a free wifi hotspot and going on cruise critics and post loads of threads on port stops without any information on what cruise ship and when travelling, so it fills up the time line.

Oh, too late, you have already done that.

We were in Palma a couple of weeks ago and shared a taxi with another couple to the Cathedral for 9 euro as the bus queue was long. Toured the Cathedral with an audio guide which was included in the admission and afterwards just strolled around the old town streets - taxi back only cost 6 euro.

If you are fit it is walkable from ship to old town but I suspect would take around 45 minutes.

There is a HoHo bus leaving from just outside the terminal - from memory I think it cost 22 euro p.p.

Will have a full day here, any suggestions? And is the port close to things? Thanks

It's about 30-45 minute lovely walk into Palma itself; lovely city to walk around. Sadly in the middle of August it poured down with resin for us so we did not see Palma at it's best! There is a Hoho bus as well as local buses at the port but if you like walking, it's an attractive walk following the harbour round.

we did the Soller train and the tram from the station to the port and returned from Soller port by bus which was great. You take the number 1 bus to the bus station then walk along to the Soller train station I'm sorry can't remember what the cost was now. You could also do the train journey in reverse. The tram can be quite crowded and Soller is a lovely place to visit.

I've caught the bus from the port to the town centre. Its a great place to wander around the shops, cathedral etc.

I walked it back to the ship, past the marina area - its a longish walk, but good to do on a sunny day if you are fit.

I've been to Soller on the train on a "land" holiday before and its worth a visit. I'm not sure how long it would take to do that trip on a port day - guess it depends how late you leave at night.

If you are not AI then the Porto Pi shopping centre has a Carrefour to stock up on cabin booze or anything you have forgotten to bring.

Turn left from the cruise terminal and walk on the main road, it's just around the bend and will take 10-15 minutes.

You don't need to go round the bend! walk out of the port complex turn left and then cross the main road to some steps that go up on the other side, then just walk straight ahead and you come to the shopping centre...you have to go down for Carrefour.....Please watch your purse...or better still put your money/cards in your handbag inside pocket....I had my purse stolen last time we were there :(