Disabled room with 4 guests?

cremma14

Hi all, wondering if you could help, I am (hoping) to travel with my husband, daughter (10) and son (14) on RCCL Navigator of the seas next year and am about to book, my son is a wheelchair user and the TA has quoted on a standard inside room.

My question is can I book a accesible room that takes 4? or are they only for 2? I dont want to book 2 rooms as this pushes the price up.

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

I was in an inside accessible room for 4 last year on Navigator, so they do exist!!

So they are not myth then :D

Back on to the TA then, she assured me there would be room in a standard inside and while I do believe her (looking at the pictures of the room type) I think it would be a sqeeze with the 4 of us and a wheelchair.

Thank you for your help.

Browsing the deck plans of Navigator on Cruisedeckplans, I found 27 HC cabins, only three of which have a sofabed. Not being a client of RCCL, I don't know if that means you can sleep 4, or only three. Those cabins are 1814: panoramic OV; 1308/1608 Junior suites. And chances are they are already booked... Standard inside cabins are listed as 134 s.f., and that includes the closet and bathroom, and will have a step up into the bathroom. That's VERY TINY for an inside. I think your TA does not know from experience. I would find another TA. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

so they are not myth then :d

back on to the ta then, she assured me there would be room in a standard inside and while i do believe her (looking at the pictures of the room type) i think it would be a sqeeze with the 4 of us and a wheelchair.

Thank you for your help.

you are right. A standard room would be much too crowded. Accessible is the only way to go without booking 2 cabins or a suite. And a standard cabin would also have the narrow door and not have the roll in bathroom.

Perhaps, it is time for a new TA.

Edited by dorisis

Hi all, wondering if you could help, I am (hoping) to travel with my husband, daughter (10) and son (14) on RCCL Navigator of the seas next year and am about to book, my son is a wheelchair user and the TA has quoted on a standard inside room.

My question is can I book a accesible room that takes 4? or are they only for 2? I dont want to book 2 rooms as this pushes the price up.

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

The deck plans for Navigator of the Seas on RCCL's website denotes all accessible rooms that can accommodate 4 people. It also denotes if the additional beds are Pullman by showing a "triangle icon" and which have a sofa bed by denoting a "T' icon. Additionally there's a link on the deck plan site to the top right that shows a listing of all accessible rooms their passenger capacity. Click on this link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_NV

I was in 9553, accessible inside for 4. With the wheelchair and sofa bed pulled out, it was a little tight, but it was doable. I believe it was supposed to be 2 in the sofa bed, as there was not a Pullman. I did have them bring in a rollaway, since the teenagers did not want to share. That made it extremely tight at night. But, we folded it up and pushed it in the corner during the day, so much better then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help, I have now booked room 9561 which as you describe, is a sofa bed.

I may take up your tip and ask for a rollaway bed to separate them.

Once again many thanks and I can now start to finally look forward to the actual cruise :)

Sophie

We (3 adults) stayed in one of these interior cabins on the Explorer of the Seas (sister ship). Thought I'd share some pictures because I always like seeing before going.

When you come in, the beds will be set up like this:

RCCLCruise021.jpg

There is room on either side of the bed for a wheelchair user. However, once the couch (which sits basically at the foot of the bed) is folded out, the wheelchair user is limited to only 1 bed because the couch and the end of the far end of the bed basically touch.

we changed the room configuration to this:

RCCLCruise288.jpg

So that the beds make an L shape and the double fold down couch is on the left side of picture. It made for so much room in that cabin. My dad kidded that we could have a square dance.

Here's also a better picture of the double couch:

RCCLCruise287.jpg

Here's also a picture of the toilet area:

RCCLCruise029.jpg

And the roll in shower seat:

RCCLCruise025.jpg

Hope this helps.

We (3 adults) stayed in one of these interior cabins on the Explorer of the Seas (sister ship). Thought I'd share some pictures because I always like seeing before going.

When you come in, the beds will be set up like this:

RCCLCruise021.jpg

There is room on either side of the bed for a wheelchair user. However, once the couch (which sits basically at the foot of the bed) is folded out, the wheelchair user is limited to only 1 bed because the couch and the end of the far end of the bed basically touch.

we changed the room configuration to this:

RCCLCruise288.jpg

So that the beds make an L shape and the double fold down couch is on the left side of picture. It made for so much room in that cabin. My dad kidded that we could have a square dance.

Here's also a better picture of the double couch:

RCCLCruise287.jpg

Here's also a picture of the toilet area:

RCCLCruise029.jpg

And the roll in shower seat:

RCCLCruise025.jpg

Hope this helps.

It's important to note that the size of inside accessible cabins can and do vary from ship to ship. Size can also vary within the same ship. Inside accessible cabins on RCCL's Navigator are not all as large as the one shown in the photos which is on the Explorer of the Seas. Having a rollaway bed in addition to a sofa bed may be a little crowded.

Edited by xxoocruiser

It's important to note that the size of inside accessible cabins can and do vary from ship to ship. Size can also vary within the same ship. Inside accessible cabins on RCCL's Navigator are not all as large as the one shown in the photos which is on the Explorer of the Seas. Having a rollaway bed in addition to a sofa bed may be a little crowded.

The Navigator of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas are sister ships. The OP booked cabin 9561; the pictures I posted are from 9561 on the Explorer. The cabins will be (almost) identical.