DIAMOND PC MENUS

sneekpeek

The one thing I didn't expect was to have the same menu in each restaurant each night.

Each restaurant had a few entrees that they served every night. You also got the international dining room menu every night in the PC restaurants so it was just fine. In addition to the entree there salads, soups and deserts. But it was the same every night on the PC menus. The salads, soups and deserts changed every day on the international dining menu.

SANTA FE Chicken/Beef Fajitas

Spicy Catfish

When you sit down at your table you got guacamole (sp) and chips

STERLING Prime Rib (excellent)

New York Steak (excellent)

Thick Cut Pork Chop

Before they take your order you get a basket of hot rolls and butter. They had some kind of herb in them and they were good.

VIVALDI Penne Pasta

Ravioli

Ousso Bucco (very good)

They served some of that Italian Foccacia (can't spell!) bread

PACIFIC MOON Mandarin Duck

Tiger Prawns

This was my favorite. Sushi before dinner! It was great. My husband said "no way" I made him try it and he loved it!

So that's it for the entrees in PC. If you have ever cruised before, you know what to expect in the international dining room. I'll try to name some of it. DON'T FORGET YOU GET THE INTERNATIONAL MENU IN ALL OF THE DINING ROOMS EVERY NIGHT AND IT IS POSTED OUTSIDE OF EACH DINING ROOM EVERY DAY.

Onion Rings, all kinds of salads and soups (if I had to pick the worst thing on the menus it would be the wierd soups) pina colada soup, mushroom soup, asparagus soup, peach soup. Shrimp cocktail every night was available. Deserts - cheese cake, cream puffs, apple pie and ice cream, ice cream sundays sorbet, non sugar item every night - like pudding, flourless cakes. Some entrees were shrimp stir fry, veal chops (excellent) rack of lamb (my personal favorite), lobster pasta, beef wellington, lobster tails, snails. The international menu always had some kind of pasta dish, one kind of fish, one kind of meat, I think you could get prime rib almost every night.

We made our reservations as soon as we got our cabin. We did see people turned away as early as 6:00pm for dinner. The dinner takes about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. So if you want to go to the show you need to go to dinner by 6:30. The theatre fills up very early for the 8:30 show. Sometimes the show starts at 8:15. The waiters in the PC restaurants are not as friendly as the international dining room, but that is because they don't see you every night. Our favorite waiter was Jesus in Santa Fe. He wouldn't let us have desert unless we cleaned our plates! If you get a table for two you will still sit close to other tables for two so we met so many nice people in the Pc rooms and it was just like being in the main dining room, but you met different people every night. I'll post more of my notes soon, my husband wants to get on the computer.

Thanks for the head up!! Did you notice anyone making a table as they entered, we are two but like eating with others so does the Maitre'd just mix and match? If we book a table for 4 can we ask that the two open seats be filled?

Can you reserve two resturants in one night, early and late?

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Star Princess 12/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

To the contrary, we found our waiter in the International DR lacking in many skills while the ones we enconuted in PC were superb!

Diamond Princess 03/04

Sun Princess 12/03

Grand Princess 12/02

Royal Princess 08/02

Ocean Princess 08/01

Pacific Princess 12/00

Carla C. 03/83

Srphnx

The matire'd was very nice in each of the PC restaurants. The tables for two were together. It was like a long table for 8 that was divided into 4 sections. One side was a chair and the other side was a booth type seating that went across the length of the four tables. We asked for a window every night and they tried to accommodate us. They take the reservation by room number so I don't know if you can book two on the same night. You have to give them your room number when you enter the restaurant. You will sit very close to other tables for two. We had a blast with the other people who were seated on both sides of us. They were only about a 18 inches apart so you just naturally would talk to them. They had lots of big round tables and booths that would hold about 6. I'm sure the tables for two filled up fast so they would have to seat people together who did not know each other. Someone said they were told you couldn't make a reservation between 6 and 8 but we made them for 6 every night. I think at some point the times of 6 to 8 filled up fast. We got on the ship at 12:20 p.m and made our reservations by 12:30 p.m. so we got the time we wanted. I would recommend this to everyone. You can always cancel.

Thanks Sneekpeek, I see we are neighbors, you are just a few miles West of us. We have a pretty active rollcall thread on our first diamond sailing (the 17th of April) and a somewhat less enthusiastice one on our Alaskan May 22nd sailing. Since there is so much getting to know each other getting done, we are going to make a res. for 4 and have room for others to join us, we can always become a 2 and take what comes open. Thanks for the help!! We sail in 12!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Wow, sneek! You sure are detail-oriented! Thank you so much for spending so much time recounting your experiences for us. My husband and I are taking our honeymoon on the Diamond 4/24 (we were married last month). This is the first cruise for both of us. Here's my question. I'm a vegetarian...I do eat dairy, but no chicken or fish. Do you remember seeing any vegetarian options on the menus?

ov911lady,

Hey Neighbor, looks like you are Diamonding in July, we will have 2 in by then, plan on booking the third on board.. gotta love those credits....

Steve and Toni

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Hey neighbor back at ya!

Actually, I am Diamonding this Saturday... 4/10. I wish it was now! If I had to wait until July, I don't know what I would do! It is hard enough to wait until Saturday.

Janelle

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess

So much for my reading skills, 3d looked like three months to me... if it isn't a menu, I can't seem to read it.

Have a great cruise Janelle and warn them that on the 17th, the lobstinator is coming..

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Ecstacy 09/01