Newbie question...boarding times.

Lakesrider

Leaving on the Star May 23rd for the 7 day Alaska cruise. Aloha deck, aft. My question is, what time should I be at the ship to board? I couldn't find a time anywhere in my Princess paperwork. I know we depart around 8:30pm. But how do they figure what time everyone is supposed to be there.

Be patient with me now. Did I mention I have never done this before?:D

Boardiing will usually start somewhere around noon. You can board anytime after that but I would be on board no later than 6:00 just to be safe. Yes you can board a little later than that but then you would be trying to get settled, make muster and eat before leaving port. So as a 1st timer I would give yourself plenty of time to get on board and get acclimated to the newness ofit all. Also never be afraid to ask someone a question to get information you desire. Have fun.

Sometimes documents will state staggered boarding times. But in reality if you arrive earlier, no problem. It's their way of trying to keep long lines from forming. You will be able to check in, but usually can't board until 12:30 or so. Your room will be ready. Have a wonderful time.

If you depart from Whittier, boarding starts at 12:30 pm.

If you download the Travel Summary document for your sailing from the Cruise Personalizer, you'll see this information about halfway down the first page.

You should be able to board anytime after that up until 2 hours before the ship sails.

Edited by lucky cal
Add information

Thanks. I saw where it says it strts boarding at 12:30 and departs at 8:30. I just thought maybe they staggered the boarding by deck or something. Can only imagine if everyone showed up right at 12:30......:eek::D

Thanks. I saw where it says it strts boarding at 12:30 and departs at 8:30. I just thought maybe they staggered the boarding by deck or something. Can only imagine if everyone showed up right at 12:30......:eek::D

Everyone does not show up at 12:30.

People are arriving all day, hence the late departure.

All depends on when your transportation arrives at the pier.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Ditto, anytime from about noon up to 6:30. Personally I like to board early, this way I can unpack then start exploring the ship, at my leisure, to find out where different things/venues are. Then I'm ready for the muster drill, then dinner.