Guys burger joint?

motleyfan

I have never been on a Carnival cruise, the only thing that would make me want to is Guys burger joint . as I'm a big fan of burgers I am wondering are the burgers really that good? Are they already made or made to order? How long are they open?

YES! They are that good! It's real deal beef that they bring out and cook it right there.

Here's one of hubby's from our last cruise aboard the Freedom:

10600561_10154482559740136_1473580812495615330_n.jpg?oh=6806012f954d1b3b8d9a382990178f92&oe=560D5E41

I believe they are opened until 6:00 p.m. but someone else may know differently.

Guy's is one the best parts of the 2.0 upgrade! I hope you enjoy your cruise.

They're open 12-6 usually, the burgers are on a flat top grill constantly cooking, and in my opinion are very good. I would compare them to five guys. I wouldn't necessarily pick a cruise based on them being on the ship, but if similar ships and itineraries I'd pick the one with guys

I have never been on a Carnival cruise, the only thing that would make me want to is Guys burger joint . as I'm a big fan of burgers I am wondering are the burgers really that good? Are they already made or made to order? How long are they open?

Whether Guy's Burgers are worth cruising Carnival is quite subjective.

We love our burgers thick and grilled rare to medium rare. Guy's burgers are thin and are cooked well done. They are fried on a flat-top a couple dozen at a time. They go fast, though, so they don't sit around under a heat lamp. The burgers are assembled to order. I find them greasy. I don't care for Guy's fries because they are soft and mushy. I'm a thin and crispy fries gal. The toppings bar is amazing, I have to admit.

We cruise Carnival for the fun, larger cabins, price, Red Frog Pub, Serenity, etc. We'd never choose a cruise line for one particular food venue on the Lido deck.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice and info.

Have a great day.

They're open 12-6 usually, the burgers are on a flat top grill constantly cooking, and in my opinion are very good. I would compare them to five guys. I wouldn't necessarily pick a cruise based on them being on the ship, but if similar ships and itineraries I'd pick the one with guys

On Conquest in February, Guy's was open 12:00-2:30 and 6:00 to 9:30.

We love our burgers thick and grilled rare to medium rare. Guy's burgers are thin and are cooked well done. They are fried on a flat-top a couple dozen at a time. They go fast, though, so they don't sit around under a heat lamp. The burgers are assembled to order. I find them greasy. I don't care for Guy's fries because they are soft and mushy. I'm a thin and crispy fries gal. The toppings bar is amazing, I have to admit.

We cruise Carnival for the fun, larger cabins, price, Red Frog Pub, Serenity, etc. We'd never choose a cruise line for one particular food venue on the Lido deck.

Have a great day.

This...

Good not fantastic burgers, certainly overhyped. Fries did suck. Just OK two weeks ago on Breeze. Blue Iguana a different story.

Advice, stay on NCL, by the way you can't smoke on the balconies here and room service is still free of charge and no problem with food in your rooms, so all those messy dishes you are so hot and bothered about. :cool:

Just saying ;)

Have a great day.

Thats good cuz I like mine done extremely dark lol, every time I've ever ordered a burger on a cruise with the exception of specialty restaurants I've always gotten mine with something in the middle even after I've told them I want them done extremely well lol

On Conquest in February, Guy's was open 12:00-2:30 and 6:00 to 9:30.

Hence why I used the word "usually"

The three ships I sailed with Guy's on it was 12-6. The last time I sailed a ship that had Guy's burgers was in December so the times may have changed that they keep it open.

I tried the Guy's Burgers on the Breeze in October. It was a good burger, but I honestly don't know what all the hype is about. Maybe because I grew up in an area where real burger joints like Guys (as opposed to McD's) are fairly common. Regardless, if you like them, great. Eat all you want. :)

I have read so many people on here talking about how great they are and that they had them every day of their cruise.

Just does not compute with me. I had one and that was enough! Very greasy and thin. I guess some have never had a great burger? :cool:

Thats good cuz I like mine done extremely dark lol, every time I've ever ordered a burger on a cruise with the exception of specialty restaurants I've always gotten mine with something in the middle even after I've told them I want them done extremely well lol

Well despite you laughing at yourself again, ;) that is exactly the burger you will get at Guy's they are quite done, much like steakburgers at Steak and shake, thin and crispy.

Now if only the fries could be Steak and shake fries!

LOL ;)

I go to Guys and get just fries with no seasoning then off to the fixins bar and get a large amount of mushrooms then go get a bowl of vanilla ice cream. This was my lunch many days on my last 3 cruises. I may do a burger once or twice a cruise.

Guys has only been open from 12-6 when we have sailed on ships with one.

I have read so many people on here talking about how great they are and that they had them every day of their cruise.

Just does not compute with me. I had one and that was enough! Very greasy and thin. I guess some have never had a great burger? :cool:

Very over hyped. I think it's the novelty of all the stuff you can put on them.

I am not much of a meat eater, and especially ground meats kind of turn me off, so for a long time was not much of a burger fan. I was all prepared to dislike guy's burgers, but on my last cruise in November (first cruise with guy's), I just had to try one, to check it out. Well, turns out that I did like them after all. I did discover however that I preferred the plain jane burger, and then could custom treat it from the toppings bar. My favorite was just a plain jane with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a shot of one of the sauces, I think it was called chipotle mayo. The fries were great, but a bit on the salty side.

But also have to say, that whether a ship has the guy's burger joint or not, has no bearing on the next ship that I sail. My next Carnival ship does not have them, and I will survive and may or may not visit the old fashioned grill for a regular burger. I rarely eat burgers at home, so I dont find myself wanting them on cruises or vacation either.

Just my opinion though, and we all have our own:)

Guys burgers....fantastic. I will only choose ships with 2.0 and Guys is one of the reasons. My boys, 19 and 21, talk more about Guys burgers than anything else on the ship. I also like the fries. I don't load my burger up with a lot of toppings from the topping bar and it's still good. It's a matter of taste but I guarantee you aren't hearing all of the hype for nothing. The line is always long.......nuff said.

Hence why I used the word "usually"

The three ships I sailed with Guy's on it was 12-6. The last time I sailed a ship that had Guy's burgers was in December so the times may have changed that they keep it open.

Interesting. We were on the Conquest last week of Jan and they were only open 12-6.

I remember an announcement that Guy's Burgers hours were changing based on passengers' requests but I don't recall when that was to take effect. Suffice it to say between the end of January and end of February, 2015. :D