Epic West Med 10th May 2015

Cloudyrain

Food

Buffet - we went here on sea day at 12.30 and although it was busy it wasn't bedlam. We got an amazing seat by going downstairs and utilizing the La Cuchina seating and it was very quiet here and actually enjoyable! I also found that sticking to the Starboard side of the buffet it was quieter and less queuing! There were the usual selections of salad, Indian food, burgers, pasta (fresh cooked to order), Pizza (which was actually lovely), and chilli, jacket potatoes, paninis, ice cream (a large scoop selection and soft-self-serve) etc. We went here a few other times and it was fine. We sometimes grabbed snacks from the outside section, which was also fine (but really, if you want a burger go to O'sheehans!). The breakfast was ok, but it's not really our "thing", though I did enjoy the French toast and honey/maple syrup, but I haven't ever had it before so have nothing to compare it too!

***Just to confirm: I took food from the buffet to eat in Spice quite a few times, no on stopped me. I also took plates with fruit and cookies etc to my room, no one stopped me. I didn't see one sign or notice saying I couldn't and no one said I couldn't.

O'sheehans - we love it here and enjoyed lunch (fish and chips, burgers, chicken wings) but wasn't over enamoured with the breakfast - although other people loved it, I just think it's the sausages and bacon are not what we are used too.

Manhattan - we went here every night we enjoyed it that much! The service was good, and the food was generally brill. I actually think that the meat quality has improved since we went last time: the beef/steak/prime rib etc was lovely and extremely tasty. We also fell in love with the Chocolate Volcano! I wasn't too impressed with the starters, but that's because I used to love the Spring Roll and that was only on there once :eek: We went at a variety of times during the service and always got a table for two straight away.

Specialities - we didn't go to any! We were planning on going to Cagneys and Moderno, but with the quality of the beef in Manhattans we didn't feel the need. They did seem to be busy and were often yellow or red on the screens, but there were always spaces available at some point during service for those that are flexible.

Hi again, enjoying your review! Quick q- did you go to the Noodle Bar and Shanghai restaurants? I heard its included now without being part of the UDP package. Let me know!

Hi again, enjoying your review! Quick q- did you go to the Noodle Bar and Shanghai restaurants? I heard its included now without being part of the UDP package. Let me know!

I ate at Shanghai's and that was pretty disappointing. The appetizers were good but the meat had a strange texture to it and really wasn't good. Didn't get a chance to eat at the Noodle Bar so can't comment on that one.

Our best meal was at Cagney's where we had an excellent 8oz fillet that was so tender along with 3 appetizers and desert. That meal alone was worth the $119 we paid for the UDP.