Monday Night Football

sjohnso3

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm a big NFL fan and a huge Redskins fan. My husband and I leave on our cruise this Sunday on Mariner and of course, MNF has Washington @ Dallas. I saw a few threads about ESPN and catching NFL games, but this game is ABC. Are we going to have a place to watch the game?

Can't say 100% for sure, but I would say that it is quite possible. They have satellite TV with international feeds. They may receive the broadcast, you just won't have the commercials. If it's going to be on, you'll need to be in the sports bar in the Royal Promenade at 9:00pm EST or in the golf bar in the Viking Crown. If they get it and will show it, the feed will not be broadcast until right at or shortly after the ABC broadcast kicks in. They show other major sporting events, and I think Monday Night Football is one of them.

All that said, if there is a large international soccer match on, there is also a good possibility that will be shown. Many folks that work on the ships and also international passengers much prefer the soccer, and ultimately the programmers (RCCL) have the power to show what they want. What's on in the sports bar will also be on in the golf bar.

Jay- Go Skins!!!!!

I think you have a good chance of seeing it.

We were on the Voyager last week, and a Patriots fan, I was VERY happy to find that not ONLY was the ABC televised season opener of Pats-Raiders on in the sports bar, but it was ALSO broadcast in staterooms

check the layout of thew boat to see if they have a sports bar. i am going on the voyager of the seas this sunday, and my butt will be in the sports bar watching my dallas cowboys beat the readskins.........sorry, your team will lose!!

check the layout of thew boat to see if they have a sports bar. i am going on the voyager of the seas this sunday, and my butt will be in the sports bar watching my dallas cowboys beat the readskins.........sorry, your team will lose!!

How `bout them Cowboys. Knocked off the defending AFC West Champs on Sunday. Good start to the season!

23_30_106.gif

How `bout them Cowboys. Knocked off the defending AFC West Champs on Sunday. Good start to the season!

23_30_106.gif

How 'bout them Niners. Knocked off the Rams Becoming the only undefeated team in their division. I will say it while I still can

The 49ers are undefeated.

I don't think the Mariner has a sports bar on the promenade as some ships do - replaced with a wine cellar, which actually suits our taste quite well. But I think there is a sports themed (golf specifically) nook up in the Viking Crown lounge. Will check it out Monday night.

I, too, am reveling in the undefeated status of my team, Eric. I know it will not last long, but as hope springs eternal, I'd like to think it will continue past the 'Skins encounter with the 'Boys.

:) I will be on the Explorer this Sunday 9/18 and after being at the Patriots game last thursday it will be fun to sit back and watch my old friend DREW win two in a row for the first time in years.... Enjoy and hope others on the EOS will be there to watch with me........

23_30_106.gif

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! GO 'BOYS!!!!!!!!!

I'll be leaving for SF on 9/23 to see them against the 49ers!! Looking forward to another win!!

Barbara from Philly

They usually pick up the feeds from ESPN Latin America and sometimes Fox Sports. Looks like you're in luck. Their schedule for the rest of the month is this:

09-18-2005 08:28 pm 11:30 pm NFL Football

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders at Network Associates Coliseum Oakland, CA USA

09-19-2005 09:00 pm 12:30 am NFL Football (I)

Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium Irving, TX USA

09-25-2005 08:28 pm 11:30 pm NFL Football

New York Giants vs. San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium San Diego, CA USA

09-26-2005 09:00 pm 12:30 am NFL Football (I)

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Denver Broncos at Invesco Field at Mile High Denver, CO USA

http://intltv.espn.com/schedules/sport/sportWizardSchedule.jsp

Archived