American Table/Feast Menus from Glory May 9-16, 2015

I cannot believe people moaned and complained about this menu! It looks superb! After so many years of the previous one, I was tickled about having the steakhouse entrees as an option but after looking over this menu - they won't be needed!

Thanks for sharing!

I am really excited for the new menus. I like that they still have the old favorites but some new things to try. It's been fun over the years watching the menus change, and I for one, think it was overdue. But...don't take away my bitter and blanc!

I saw Miami had a port of call menu. I wonder what Galveston's is? BBQ?

Firemanbobswife!! Thank you very much. I will be on exact ship and exact cruise soon!! Was there a favorite or two on the new menu and any favorite on desert that you thought was exceptional above the rest? I have been worried about this new menu till now!

Edited by xeroxme

Fireman bob!! Thank you very much. I will be on exact ship and exact cruise soon!! Was there a favorite or two on the new menu and any favorite on desert that you thought was exceptional above the rest? I have been worried about this new menu till now!

The shrimp on the first night is really good as was the prime rib on the other nights. I didn't have anything that wasn't good. I'm a big fan of the cold soups and French Onion Soup as well at the cream of mushroom soup.

The only dessert I had this time was Chocolate Melting Cake. I just love it! But it's so rich and I stuffed myself a couple nights, so begrudgingly I had to abstain those nights :(

This is great and it makes me hungry too and ready for our cruise in October. Wondering what the Ports meals will be for the ports we are going to.

I think everything looks really good and I am glad that the ribs are no longer on Elegant night. Sure do wish the would add a rib-eye to the upcharge menu! I much prefer that over the filet. Oh well - I sure won't starve!

For five days cruises does any one know if the Filet mignon is given for the elegant night, I don't eat seafood so lobster doesn't sound good to me!

It has been my experience that the menus are the same for 5 night cruises (including the 2 Elegant Nights), just minus two of the regular menus because it's 5 days instead of the regular 7 day itinerary. They use the same ones over and over again. The only things that differ are usually the menus that have the Port of Call (non sea days) as it varies depending on where you are - Eastern ports vs Western ports.

Hope this makes sense.

That was very nice of you to take the time to post those menus.

We sail in about five weeks. My husband is a diabetic, who controls the disease through diet and exercise. I remembered that Carnival always had a fish dish. but goodness...those looked delicious. He loves Salmon.

we were on the Princess Regal in March. they have gone Cultural Immersion to the point of making their food uneatable. If you don't like red beans. Rice. Black Beans. Sweet potatoes or plantains as they call them.........and red beans. grilled. fried. stewed. roasted. and one night the featured entrée was Spiced Goat Curry.

Now I go for the fried chicken. ( in the past Carnival has had surprisingly good fried chicken. I know it is oven fried but still good. don't scream on me. I grew up in Alabama. I KNOW Fried Chicken. And their BBQ ribs were good. Again. I am from the South. The ribs they serve on Carnival...if the same as the old menu as of last June.................good. For real. and everything had half a bottle of hot sauce in it. a Green salad ONE night. Now Cesar Salad was on the menu but if you cannot eat raw egg...........out of luck. Tomato soup..........I had heartburn for the first time since I was pregnant. My child is 33 years old. I had to go up to the Calyspo Cove to get TUMS the next day.

And the Regal. Beautiful. Best cabin we ever had at the best price we ever had. E409. Staff was wonderful. Passengers nice. Activities. Not as good as on Carnival. Ship was clean. No cleaner than Carnival. it was just the food. And I ate school cafeteria Food for three decades and knocked it back just fine. I am not a food snob. And in Alabama ..that little bottle of green pepper sauce on every lunch and dinner table or in a fancy sauce dish.................can blow the heads off of innocents who sprinkle it on greens or veggies. should have a warning sign. So I like spices too. but goodness. Some moderation.

And no one minds diversity. Some regional dishes. It would unusual if they did not . But this...........ONE Entrée a night..................chicken. or pasta. or something that was not the above.

And we are Platinum on Princess. this is a new thing. And we are sailing on Carnival not on Princess which I guess says a lot.

THANKS. I know we can find LOTS of stuff we like to eat. Now we can worry about eating TOO MUCH.

Edited by AmberTeka

firemanbobswife how dare you not post the dessert menu?!?! I think you had better go on another cruise as soon as possible to photograph the sweets. LOL

Thank you so much for posting. Like others have said the planning is a big part of the cruise adventure. These are the most recent menus. Triumph gets them on June 20th and we sail on the 29th. So they will have a couple of trips to work out the kinks.

firemanbobswife how dare you not post the dessert menu?!?! I think you had better go on another cruise as soon as possible to photograph the sweets. LOL

Thank you so much for posting. Like others have said the planning is a big part of the cruise adventure. These are the most recent menus. Triumph gets them on June 20th and we sail on the 29th. So they will have a couple of trips to work out the kinks.

I know, right? Think if I start a "Go Fund Me" account, I would get enough to go back?! I stay in the cheap rooms so I wouldn't need that much :D

One post said that planning is a big part of a cruise. And when you think of it, outside of the packing......that is so smart. I would add.......planning makes a much more enjoyable cruise.

So your taking your time to make those photos and then put them online is a big deal.

For people like my husband..........every night there is a fish or seafood meal that he can eat with no qualms. That is a huge relief. and no special menu or talking to the chef the night before.

On Princess, where the food used to be really, really good. Before the Red beans, Black beans. Rice. Hot Sauce. Goat curry adventure into indigenous foods.....This Time..just awful. I worried that Carnival was going in that direction on all of their lines. they all have young women Presidents and I say Hoo Ray for that......but for goodness sake..............don't make the Main Dining Rooms places to avoid due to bad food. Some cultural dishes. Some Port of Place dishes is great. But leave some USA and European and Canadian and Asian and Indian stuff too..............I hope I don't sound like a habitual whiner. It is my first ever issue with Princess. And it had to be a big one.

So we started going to the buffet which was huge and good.

But we had our daughter and her family with us, and dinner in the MDR was when we caught up on what they did during the day...........and that was ruined too.

So.....they are not with us on this cruise. But God willing, they will be with us next March, and now I feel confident enough to book it and start getting the un fun part of a cruise...paying for it ....out of the way.

Those menus helped me make the decision to go ahead. I was thinking NCL now that they have moved the Spirit to P.C.

But I think we will stick with Carnival. the Valor. Hope they are in dry dock before then. I love the Conquest size ships. Not too big. Not too Small.

Dessert. As long as they still make those chocolate chip cookies on the Lido Deck, which must be half butter ( they melt on your tongue), I am OK with desserts.

Edited by AmberTeka

• 2 weeks later...
Ma'am can you see or do you know about beef wellington? That is something I've always wanted to try :)

The pictures that I posted are the complete menus and I just looked again and it's not there. I did have Beef Wellington before but it was on Celebrity. If Carnival had it at one point (and I don't remember if they did), then it's not on the new menus. Sorry :(