Booking question

uncleg

Going on a cruise in Sept on Carnival Fantasy, money is a little tight this year so i want to get best price I can for cruise. Currently the best rate for my sailing Sept 19th is " Carnival assigns best available guarantee cabin" . It will be an interior cabin, have done it before with no problem. My question is is it better to wait and hope for better or is this the best it will get? Fantasy always seems to fill up fast..don't want to miss this desperately needed cruise!!!

Going on a cruise in Sept on Carnival Fantasy, money is a little tight this year so i want to get best price I can for cruise. Currently the best rate for my sailing Sept 19th is " Carnival assigns best available guarantee cabin" . It will be an interior cabin, have done it before with no problem. My question is is it better to wait and hope for better or is this the best it will get? Fantasy always seems to fill up fast..don't want to miss this desperately needed cruise!!!

You can always count cruise fares to go up as cabin inventory goes down.

I'm new ri Carnival (sort of )...booked for July on the Fantasy so I'm not "up" on lots of the promotions. We booked under the Early Saver rate. Isn't this the perfect thing for the poster to do? Book now under ES and take advantage of any price drops by getting an OBC? Plus he/she gets to pick cabin location...

Edited by fhmoore

I'm new ri Carnival (sort of )...booked for July on the Fantasy so I'm not "up" on lots of the promotions. We booked under the Early Saver rate. Isn't this the perfect thing for the poster to do? Book now under ES and take advantage of any price drops by getting an OBC? Plus he/she gets to pick cabin location...

It depends on what you want. Early Saver has benefits, but also disadvantages - so one has to weigh the pros and cons to decide which fare category is best for your needs. Many book ES for the discounts right up to 2 days before sailing.

You can go ahead and book it. If the price goes down before the final payment date (not the day you pay, but the day Carnival sets) you can put in for the lower price. Your price can't go up. but it might g down. :) Mikey

Put a deposit on it now and keep watching it. But before you do make sure you cant lose anything if you want to change.

All these offers have weird thingys attached

Edited by limoguy1

I would use the Early Saver, not the Super Saver. CCL says that SS is cheaper but it looks to be the same price to me and it is completely non-refundable and not changeable. At least with ES you get price protection and only a $50 change fee. The rest of the deposit you can apply to another cruise. With SS you would lose the full deposit. I don't think SS is going to be very popular unless it is really a lot less.

I would use the Early Saver, not the Super Saver. CCL says that SS is cheaper but it looks to be the same price to me and it is completely non-refundable and not changeable. At least with ES you get price protection and only a $50 change fee. The rest of the deposit you can apply to another cruise. With SS you would lose the full deposit. I don't think SS is going to be very popular unless it is really a lot less.

Too late for ES. Usually ends 5 months before sailing.

I've sailed Fantasy from Charleston a few times but I don't book ES. I just don't like the restrictions. I do watch prices though and have rarely seen price drops. If I've had them, they've been minimal.

And I've sailed during hurricane season. In fact, I was doing my only B2B on Fantasy when Hurricane Sandy came through. Missed Freeport on the 1st leg and HMC on the 2nd.

Since that's one of the less-common 7-night sailings, I wouldn't really expect a price drop.

And as others have noted, there's no competition for sailings from Charleston, which is why they're always more than from Jacksonville, even.

I don't ever wait for sales. When I find the cruise I want, if it is in my budget, I book.

OK, I just did a mock booking for that sailing - it came up "Early Saver Last Call" so ES is still available if you're willing to deal with the restrictions.

Edited by NCTribeFan

I've sailed Fantasy from Charleston a few times but I don't book ES. I just don't like the restrictions. I do watch prices though and have rarely seen price drops. If I've had them, they've been minimal.

And I've sailed during hurricane season. In fact, I was doing my only B2B on Fantasy when Hurricane Sandy came through. Missed Freeport on the 1st leg and HMC on the 2nd.

Since that's one of the less-common 7-night sailings, I wouldn't really expect a price drop.

And as others have noted, there's no competition for sailings from Charleston, which is why they're always more than from Jacksonville, even.

I don't ever wait for sales. When I find the cruise I want, if it is in my budget, I book.

OK, I just did a mock booking for that sailing - it came up "Early Saver Last Call" so ES is still available if you're willing to deal with the restrictions.

I just booked ES upper/lower cabin. NCTRIBEFAN I was on the 2nd leg of that cruise with yall, hope to finally see Half Moon Kay. I think I have missed it twice. I always sail during Hurricane season or last part of year, better rates, i have only had on cruise that was just bad because it rained and was cold the whole time, it was a February cruise.

I knew I recognized your name. We had a M&G party on that one, didn't we?

I don't have another Fantasy booked until 4/30/16, which is 7 nights to Amber Cove, Grand Turk and HMC. Booked one of the 1As aft on Empress. Great cabins for solos.

I was back at HMC last May on my Pride sailing. Shared a cabana with some Roll Call people. That was great. We'd had one booked for the Sandy sailing (it was DD's honeymoon cruise). Was so disappointed we couldn't stop that day.

It's so beautiful! Hope you finally get to spend the day there.

Its one of the reasons that I'll probably move on to HAL once I hit Milestone (the 4/30 Fantasy will be #25). They call there on practically every itinerary.

I knew I recognized your name. We had a M&G party on that one, didn't we?

I don't have another Fantasy booked until 4/30/16, which is 7 nights to Amber Cove, Grand Turk and HMC. Booked one of the 1As aft on Empress. Great cabins for solos.

I was back at HMC last May on my Pride sailing. Shared a cabana with some Roll Call people. That was great. We'd had one booked for the Sandy sailing (it was DD's honeymoon cruise). Was so disappointed we couldn't stop that day.

It's so beautiful! Hope you finally get to spend the day there.

Its one of the reasons that I'll probably move on to HAL once I hit Milestone (the 4/30 Fantasy will be #25). They call there on practically every itinerary.

Yes we did have a M&G I remember it being your Daughters wedding/honeymoon cruise. I booked a 1A they are perfect for solo traveler. I am on the Riviera deck..I usually do Empress deck...I has same cabing about 5 times on Fantasy and Fascination E186.

Nice talking to you again.

I'm seriously considering cancelling the 4/30/16 Fantasy/Ecstasy and booking a B2B on Fascination for the 4/18 6-night repo to San Juan, then 7 nights RT from San Juan.

I could use the 2nd leg as my Milestone, but I'm really hoping to save that for a Panama Canal if/when the reposition a ship to/from the west coast.

Then I'm moving on. As much as I love Carnival, I'm ready for a change.