Breakfast in your stateroom

geomac53

I am sorry that I came off as an ass What I was trying to find out was the difference between cruise lines not staterooms. I have been cruising for a little over ten years now and have seen a decline in the little extras. I usually travel in an inside cabin unless there is going to be great chances to see that special something I am going on my fifty Alaskan cruise so I have chosen and inside cabin for this one and a balcony for when I do Asia in the winter. When I have traveled in the last two years the card breakfast was an egg McMuffin when before that you could get an omelet or other hot Items of course this was on a different line hence the question.

Thank You all for the answers.

I never thought you came off in any lesser manner; I just think folks first of all misunderstood what you were asking, and second can't really offer information about what's on breakfast cards on other cruise lines. You probably know more about that than most of us. What most of us CAN do is provide pretty darned accurate information about Oceania, and that's what we did.

The specific answer is, regardless of what other cruise lines are doing, on your Regatta cruise in an inside cabin, if you place an order for breakfast, you will only be able to order a typical "continental" breakfast of rolls, coffee, tea, etc -- no eggs, bacon or sausage, no pancakes, nothing that has to be cooked.

I often travel in that same general class of cabin (usually an ocean view -- C1 on Regatta, etc.). I rarely order breakfast in the room unless there is a very early tour and we're pressed for time. For a hot, cooked breakfast, you have three choices -- an express breakfast at the poolside grill, more choices in the Terrace buffet, or a full sit-down breakfast, with specialties like baby lamb chops, in the Grand Dining Room. The latter is where we generally have breakfast; it's never crowded, and if you let the server know you have a tour to meet, they won't waste any time. We've been in and out of the GDR almost faster than we could find a table in the buffet...

...We'll be in an ocean view cabin for 6 months on the 2016 world cruise, and will somehow manage to survive without a room service hot breakfast. Having a hot breakfast is not worth an extra $24,000 or more for the cruise...

Edited by hondorner

• 2 weeks later...

We usually have an inside or OV cabin-we pay for what we want. I have no problem with people who pay for more expensive cabins, get more benefits. Wish I had more money and I too would be in a suite, but since we are not, very happy with our cabin(except the tiny bathrooms on the smaller Oceania ships) and will not complain about what others are getting based on what they pay. Plus, we can always get up early enough to have a hot breakfast in the Terrace-another priority decision.