NCL kids club while in port

mitsugirly

We have always always always taken our (now 7 year old) in port with us on every cruise. So, we have never used these services.

However, we are going to Bermuda this time and will be docked for basically 3 days and I have no idea how this works with the kids club having the children while the parents go on shore.

We plan on taking our child with us on all 3 days, however, I'm trying to make the most out of our time in Bermuda (this is our first time) and came up with the idea tonight that it might be nice to do a sunset sail or something different on the evening we arrive (hopefully after a nice full day at Horseshoe after we arrive). I'm not so sure that I would want to take our munchkin with us for something like that. There's just something about being in the dark, around water, with child=not very comforting for me and I would be worried to death. So, I thought maybe we'd make it a "mommy & daddy" night (or few hours) without her.:o

It would be the first time trying anything like this and shhhhhh, don't tell her...she would be crushed!!!

So, how does it work with Bermuda? Do they only have certain hours? I know I have read that on port days (like in the Caribbean when you are only there for XXX amount of hours), they will watch your munchkin for free, but you pay a $6 "lunch" fee for them to feed your child. If we do something at night, do you pay a $6 "dinner" fee or how does it work?

Are they closed during certain hours like on a regular cruise?

Any and all experiences are welcome. I'm still unsure if I want to do this (or what I would even do at night to begin with), but want to know in advance. We are leaving in 14 days. :eek: :D

Website not that helpful, as just says port play, so i take it their is no kids club activities whilst the ship is docked ?? We like to stay on the ship and not always go explorong the ports, usually on all other cruise lines they have had some kind of activities for the children during the day.

found this link for the Epic which explains it better

http://www.cruiseastute.com/ship.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic&feature=family

Edited by slaine29
extra info

They definitely have activities on port days. We used the kids club last month and the port day schedules were just as full of crafts, games, etc.

They do have a $6 dinner as well as the $6 lunch. I'm pretty sure they close at 1:30am regardless of whether they're in port but I don't have the schedule handy.

They did close at lunch and then took all the kids to Sheehan's at that time. They don't bring their tablets so you can't take your kid out until they've all returned to the club and officially reopened. (We tried.) I'd expect dinner to be the same.

Edited by cadien

They explain everything on the website including port day info

No, it does not explain what I'm asking. I'm talking about Bermuda...which is there for 3 days. It doesn't tell you anything but the "norm" which is dropping them off while in port, paying the $6 fee for eating...and you would be returning before the ship sets sail to pick them up. This is different because the ship doesn't set sail...it stays. So I'm sure they have to have some type of modifications for this. ;) :rolleyes:

Website not that helpful, as just says port play, so i take it their is no kids club activities whilst the ship is docked ?? We like to stay on the ship and not always go explorong the ports, usually on all other cruise lines they have had some kind of activities for the children during the day.

found this link for the Epic which explains it better

http://www.cruiseastute.com/ship.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic&feature=family

Yes, they would have kid activities while in port, but I'm just confused as to how it works and the hours.

I don't think that the link provided would apply to Bermuda. The Epic doesn't (and hasn't) went to Bermuda so it would be different I would think. It does list arrival in port until 8pm, but again, Epic doesn't go there and the information here is probably for her current sailing in Europe with that itinerary. :(

I just thought maybe someone here has experienced it or used the services that knew how it worked and the hours. I know they usually close at 10:30pm on a regular cruise and then after hours sitting starts at that time costing $6/hr up until they close at 1:30am. I'm not sure if this holds true for a Bermuda cruise or not. :confused:

They definitely have activities on port days. We used the kids club last month and the port day schedules were just as full of crafts, games, etc.

They do have a $6 dinner as well as the $6 lunch. I'm pretty sure they close at 1:30am regardless of whether they're in port but I don't have the schedule handy.

They did close at lunch and then took all the kids to Sheehan's at that time. They don't bring their tablets so you can't take your kid out until they've all returned to the club and officially reopened. (We tried.) I'd expect dinner to be the same.

So I wonder if they charge the $6 fee after 10:30pm until 1:30am like they do on the other ships?

$6/hr after 10:30

So you are saying while in Bermuda they have the same hours the kids club is open for you to go ashore and then at 10:30pm they just charge the regular amount, just like they do on other ships right? So I could come back from a day in port with her, drop her off at the kids club the rest of the time when we go back to port, pay the $6 for the dinner and if we aren't back before 10:30pm, then we just pay the $6 up until 1:30am? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correct. Have you been to Bermuda and done this? I just guessing?

So you are saying while in Bermuda they have the same hours the kids club is open for you to go ashore and then at 10:30pm they just charge the regular amount, just like they do on other ships right? So I could come back from a day in port with her, drop her off at the kids club the rest of the time when we go back to port, pay the $6 for the dinner and if we aren't back before 10:30pm, then we just pay the $6 up until 1:30am? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correct. Have you been to Bermuda and done this? I just guessing?

Anybody?:)

Found this link for Dawn in Bermuda, should be the same for all ships. Looks like it is open from 9 am all the way to 1:30 am with the normal charges for after 10 pm. Two meals during the day, lunch and dinner for a fee. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2091067&highlight=bermuda+kids+club

Post #18

Edited by rvsullivan

Found this link for Dawn in Bermuda, should be the same for all ships. Looks like it is open from 9 am all the way to 1:30 am with the normal charges for after 10 pm. Two meals during the day, lunch and dinner for a fee. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2091067&highlight=bermuda+kids+club

Post #18

Perfect (but it looks like it's after 10:30pm according to the schedule).

So I'm taking it as they can come during any time of the day (other than meal time) and be dropped off for port play all the way up until 10:30pm, then the regular charges apply. Awesome. That's just what I was looking for. :D

Perfect (but it looks like it's after 10:30pm according to the schedule).

So I'm taking it as they can come during any time of the day (other than meal time) and be dropped off for port play all the way up until 10:30pm, then the regular charges apply. Awesome. That's just what I was looking for. :D

Yeah, sorry, 10:30 pm. Fingers were faster than brain!!!:o