Explorer Menu

Not changed for a good few years now?

Menus were changed fleet wide just a few years ago, actually. Maybe three or four? Takes time and dollars to make a change of that scale. So I don't expect we'll see another change for quite a few years, especially given the move to Dynamic Dining.

Cruised from Southampton on April 24. Menus look fancy food is disappointing. Portions small and many so called desserts are frankly misrepresentations of the real thing. Order Tiramisu or Key Lime pie and you get a pimped up mousse! Same with baked Alaska, nothing like the real thing. You won't get surf and turf unless you each cough up $40 extra. Yes you can get "aged New York Strip steaks" whenever you like but it's a kindergarten size portion, two bites it's gone! One of our reasons for booking with RCL was to get some quality. Well there is NO quality food, it's 3 stars at best. Food in the Windjammer rarely changes. We had better food with NCL. Oh and the chefs cannot make Yorkshire Puddings or meringues, that might account for why we never saw pavlovas on our menu cards! Sorry just not good enough RCL when we paid £3000 for our cruise. We will never sail with RCL ever again. Just totally disgusted!

. Yes you can get "aged New York Strip steaks" whenever you like but it's a kindergarten size portion, two bites it's gone!

Not sure why this is an issue. Not big enough? Feel free to order 2 more.

I also think the menus are getting a bit stale. I realize lots of money goes into changing and Dynamic Dining is on their radar. I was hoping for some of the choices to be integrated into the current menu for a bit of an update, without a complete overhaul. So far, no such luck!

Order Tiramisu or Key Lime pie and you get a pimped up mousse! Same with baked Alaska, nothing like the real thing.

I have to agree with one thing silversurfer53 has said regarding the quality of desserts on RCI, it is very poor. Yes, we can probably get a better Tiramisu at the local supermarket that actual resemble a Tiramisu than what it is offered on the ship. A lot of the desserts and pastries do look nice on presentation but a bit meh on taste.

However I have always enjoyed the starters and entrees in the MDR and the food on offer in the Windjammer.

Just off the Explorer and we thought the food in My time dining was very good.

They also had different dishes on the end of the menu every night so not all the same.

Escargot every night too for those who missed it.

Not a fan of American style desserts so had fresh berries every night.

If there was something I really like such as giant garlic shrimp always asked for extra and got it.

Beef Wellington on our last night was as good as any I have had in any restaurant.