Last-day price drop on 5/23 Breeze

Hello, I am new to cruising and wanted to get your guys' opinion on whether or not I could successfully argue with Carnival to get some type of credit or reimbursement for this situation.

I booked very late: on May 18th for a May 23 sailing. The price online was listed at something like $1,550 for an interior room (I am sailing solo). The website was giving me errors when I tried to book so I had to call, eventually I managed to book "the last room on the ship," according to the very nice and helpful rep, but it ended up being $1,760. Don't get me started on how horrible it is to pay that much but it was the only date I could possibly go and I really, really needed to go somewhere and get away.

So whatever, I was excited anyway, the last room, how lucky. Out of curiosity I looked at the Carnival website to see if the listing was removed, and indeed it was.

...until today, when there is now a listing for an interior room for $1,298 - a $462 difference in a matter of four days. My argument is that I was willing to pay an exorbitant rate because of the whole last room thing, but now this one pops up. I attempted to call them and the rep basically said "nothing can be done, you can't switch to this room because its on a lower level of interior room."

Should I be more pushy about this or am I just SOL?

Sounds like they are refusing you because you're not price matching to your room category or above. Even with ES, you can only price match up to 48 hours before sailing.

Along the same lines - I happened to look at our flights to Cozumel we have booked for July. Price dropped to the tune of $800.00! Not a darn thing I can do :). In the end, you have to be happy with the price you paid.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by soccersharon

Oftentimes you can get different/better results by calling back and speaking to someone else. A couple of cruises ago I had a significant price drop after final payment. I called a few times and was told "nothing we can do" I decide to give it one more shot, and was moved from an oceanview on deck 2 to a balcony on deck 7 for no charge... It's worth another try...

Oftentimes you can get different/better results by calling back and speaking to someone else. A couple of cruises ago I had a significant price drop after final payment. I called a few times and was told "nothing we can do" I decide to give it one more shot, and was moved from an oceanview on deck 2 to a balcony on deck 7 for no charge... It's worth another try...

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but the OP Is sailing tomorrow :)