Serendipitous Magic

lucigo

Tell me about your unexpected magical moments on a disney cruise. :)

I will start with a very simple one. Sitting on deck 4 having quiet time with my son all alone, when up waddles Daisy Duck. They laugh about how they have matching shoes (he has blue crocs), and then we take a picture of them together.

d32b8ba8-6902-4d4e-a2b6-7ad60d6060d5_zpsiprwsoit.jpg

On my first ever Disney cruise a friend and I were stood against the railings on deck watching a beautiful sunset. It was formal night and we were dressed in tux and gown - very plush - lol.

The door at the side of us opened. Out walked Minnie in full formal gown attire with her chaperone, she waved at us and stood 10 feet away from us 'watching the sunset' just like we were.

It was quite surreal as she felt real in the moment and it was surreal acknowledging us and then doing as we were doing. Lol.

We were in the Atrium on the Disney Dream

Captain Mickey walked down the staircase

A little boy, around 4 or 5 years old looked up and his eyes got wide

Then he lightly jumped up and down in place

He couldn't speak he was so excited

Mickey walked over to him, got down on one knee and held out his arms

The little boy rushed into his arms

When it was over, he turned around and looked at his family and said:

BEST....DAY.....EVER!!!

Not a dry eye in the Atrium :)

Edited by FoghornLeghorn

My wife and I were taking one of our Adult only DCL cruises on the Magic and were part of the Design of the Magic tour. This tour was a small group a CM takes around the vessel explaining the designs and architecture of the vessel. There was 1 little girl about 4 or 5, with her Mom on the tour.

We were in a passage way, when around a corner came belle. She waved and kept walking until the littler girls cries echoed to her. Belle stopped, spun around, walked back and flopped onto the carpet and sat the little girl in her lap. Belle explained she was off the storybook reading and couldn't stay but......if it was ok with her MOM ( Mom was in tears and shaking her head yes) if she by the door ( the one Belle came out of earlier) at 1945, the little girl could walk with Belle to her Meet and Greet. Belle then got up and waved good bye.......You can imagine the smile on the little girls face.

Any one want to bet the little was at the door at the appointed time?;)

That is the Disney Magic, that is why they are #1.

Made my wife and my cruise!:D

AKK

My family and I were fortunate enough that on the 2014 Valentine's Day cruise, Ducky Williams was a last-minute featured guest on board.

We attended his talk on his history with Disney and his transformation from bank employee who drew sketches, into Disney's senior animator.

At that talk, my 10 year old daughter was lucky enough to win one of his poster-sized sketches at that presentation, and a few days later, she and I ran into Ducky, who was gracious enough to personalize it for her.

Given our love for all things Disney, and how special the moment was for all of us (yes, I felt like a kid when I met Ducky), my Wife and I went and had the sketch framed and put under museum glass, so hopefully - even with it being cheap paper - it should be something that our daughter can treasure for many years.

Ducky1.jpg.7014ef0561ba7f09a07024bc09d1fb16.jpg

Ducky2.jpg.0386f11e0802e38a679968588a628a2d.jpg

We've had lots of amazing times with characters....one pirate night, we were standing looking out the window when pirate Goofy came by and pulled my daughter's hair. She spun around and he brandished his sword at her. She pulled out an imaginary sword and they had a duel in the hallway!

Chip and Dale are her favorites, and once we encountered them on deck 10 shortly after boarding. We got photos with no one else anywhere around except their handlers. We've also had moments with a character on an elevator.

Ducky Williams is the best. On one cruise, I was walking toward the forward elevators when I encountered Ducky who warned me about a wet floor (looked like someone had spilled a beverage). He asked me to go into the shop and ask a CM to call for a clean up and then come to relieve him, stating that he couldn't leave the area as he needed to warn any passing guests so no one got hurt! Safety first.

I have more than a few magical moments.

Chip and Dale were the most fun.

We were coming up the stairs by the photo gallery, chip and dale going down. My 2 year had her doll with her. Dale or chip put the dolls sock on his nose, they were just all around playful!

Peter pan was the most magical. Trust me, he was the REAL Peter Pan. My kid was dressed as tinker bell, and just memorized by peter pan (THE ONLY reason she watch the last show, was because he was there the whole time). Peter Pan completely played the part and my dd WAS tinkerbell. He said 'see ya later tink' as he walked away.

Cinderalla

Cinderalla was doing a meet and greet, but we didn't know it. We came around the corner as Cinderella was walking away, by dd ran and hugged her. They let us take pictures, then Cinderella went back in line.

Stitch

This one is funny for me. I have a stuffed stitch. When you press his hand he talks. We were getting off the ship at castaway cay, stitch was there by the big tree. We wait in line, Dd (2) runs up to him and presses his foot. Everyone is looking at me like 'uh, what's she's doing?' she presses, and looks up, repeat. I laugh. 'She knows you can talk!' Best picture ever!

oh, one more (sorry, many when it comes to a 2 year old!)

Sofia

We told dd Sofia was in school and wouldn't be on the ship (we didn't think she was) and Arial lives in the sea so she won't be either (Arial is a mermaid, she does NOT have legs, we avoided the legged Arial). We waited in line, Sofia sat down, dd sat down for pictures and wouldn't get up. This wasn't her first charactor picture, she knew the drill, but nope. Finally, I got her.

Mine.

At the end of the last show TinkerBell comes on and sprinkles pixie dust, then you see the ship on screen slowly covered with dust. Yep. Magic

When boarding you here 'welome BACK lastname family'.

and this is only partly why I'm ready to sail with Disney again! (warm chocolate chip cookies & mickey bars, are also a reason).

Our magical memories from DCL:

Snow White playing with just my toddler daughter in the Nursery, and we delightedly watched from the one-way mirror. Same cruise, same voyeur parents: kiddo plopped in a bean bag, with a pack of crackers in one hand and a juice box in the other, little ankles crossed, watching a movie, looking like This is the life! :)

Formal night, my husband needed to run back to the room for something we forgot. As he was rushing back, he sees the LONG lines of people waiting to take pictures with Minnie and Mickey, but a rather lonely Goofy with no one waiting for him. My husband jumps in a picture, backs together with Goofy, and then thanked him and kept running back to the table. DH shows up with a HUGE smile because he got the ONE character picture he wanted. We bought that picture and framed it with all the other pictures of DD with Princesses or at Castaway Cay. :)

• 1 month later...

Here's one that is super different but magical just for us. Took 3 recent high school grads on Dream. All of them are off to college this fall...one of them to Poland! First night we did Palo. Our waiter ended up being the only crew member onboard from Poland and spoke to her exclusively in Polish all evening. The young man, an excellent server by the way, is from the town where this young lady will attend college! The 2 exchanged Facebook contact info and she has since been able to get lots of valuable info from him and may even meet up when he is home this fall!

My husband and I were on the Magic in 2011, our first Disney cruise. He somehow left his hat at the airport before we got on the DCL bus to the port, and thought it was gone forever. It wouldn't have been that big a deal, except it was a hat he got at the Magic Kingdom in 2008, and he was pretty fond of it.

The bus driver (whose name I can't remember) radioed the airport to see if someone could find it, and have it brought to the ship.

We never expected it to work, but the driver told us to check with guest services after we set sail, the hat would be there.

Sure enough, we went to ask just before dinner that night, and the man at the front desk came out of a back room with my husbands hat on his head (after going in to look).

I still can't believe they went to so much trouble over our forgotten hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had quite a few of the magical character run ins. They are always so unexpected and fun.

When we were on the Fantasy a few years ago it was HOT (Sept 1 sailing) and the sail away party on deck was just to crowded to join in especially with the heat - so we planned to watch from the deck above. Imagine our surprise when we had a nice little one on one run in with Goofy and Pluto while they were waiting to go down to the party :)

[YOUTUBE]bFQA1EaM8v0[/YOUTUBE]

I was getting off the ship with a large group and we had a rented hummer limo, so as you can imagine we had a ton of luggage. I discovered my carry on bag was missing when we got to AKV. We searched everyone's room and called the limo company, the bag was not to be found. I was pretty heart broken because it had some of my mother's jewelry in it that was irreplaceable.

Imagine my surprise when I got home there was a message from DCL that my bag apparently had been found at the dock and put back on the ship and went on another cruise. DCL shipped the back back to me at no charge and everything was in it.