Horizon twin beds not converting to double?

kCcouple

Hi We are leaving on the Horizon on Saturday 9/17 for our first cruise We are booked in on the Caribbean Deck Inside Stateroom 6020.

I was talking with a rep from Celebrity tonight & she said that the room stewart might not be able to convert our beds to a double unless we sign a waiver??

Everything that was advertised about our room category said that the category of room offered a double bed option (we orignally booked a guaranteed room) Does anyone know about this being a problem?

If my husband & I aren't able to sleep in a double bed we never would have booked the room in that category (we are trying to save money & we had to rebook at the last minuted because we were cancelled off of one of the Carnival cruises d/t the relief effort).

I am just not sure I am comfortable having to sign a waiver to get the beds converted when it was advertised option.

I am new to the cruising world, so any info. you could give me would help. Thanks.

I am not sure about the Horizon (My expertise is with RCCL), but I can pretty much guaranty that it will be no problem converting the beds. I have never heard of a waiver to change the beds before. So, unless the Horizon does things differently you should have no problem.

The only problem that I have seen is placing the beds together if one or both of the upper berths is deployed. Your cabin does have 2 upper berths. I was told by a room steward that this posed a safety concern involving a person on the upper berth stepping down onto someone below them. There are also some room layouts that do not allow the beds to be put together due to the room and or bed layout. But I've never heard of having to sign a waiver to get the beds put together.:rolleyes:

KC couple, I would call Celebrity again, not saying anything about your previous experience and request the beds be put together and see what happens. It is possible as I said before that the beds cannot be put together due to room and or bed layout, signing a waiver wouldn't change that.:confused:

Reggie:D

I cruised on Horizon last April and despite requesting that the beds be apart (and seeing it specified as such in my actual reservation record), the beds were together when we arrived. It was simple enough for our room steward to change this.

As someone pointed out above, I wonder if you're in some special room where there's a movement hazard for putting the beds together? I know someone here once wrote about a room that had a sort of pipe running through it, and when the beds were together the people could only get out of bed on one side.

Actually, we had this exact problem last month on the Zenith - the sister ship of the Horizon. There are cabins where it is impossible to put the beds together - they are referred to as an "L" shaped room. The beds cannot be moved into the double configuration. Our TA booked us in one accidentally and we were not pleased! Luckily Celebrity found two older women traveling together who were willing to switch. Our original room was on the 10th deck - I believe deck 1028.

Definitely check the deck plans!!!

Hi We are leaving on the Horizon on Saturday 9/17 for our first cruise We are booked in on the Caribbean Deck Inside Stateroom 6020.

I was talking with a rep from Celebrity tonight & she said that the room stewart might not be able to convert our beds to a double unless we sign a waiver??

Everything that was advertised about our room category said that the category of room offered a double bed option (we orignally booked a guaranteed room) Does anyone know about this being a problem?

If my husband & I aren't able to sleep in a double bed we never would have booked the room in that category (we are trying to save money & we had to rebook at the last minuted because we were cancelled off of one of the Carnival cruises d/t the relief effort).

I am just not sure I am comfortable having to sign a waiver to get the beds converted when it was advertised option.

I am new to the cruising world, so any info. you could give me would help. Thanks.

Try this link to see the layout of your room. It only says it has 2 upper berths but I don't know if there are no other beds in the room. It is not an "L"-shaped cabin. Never seen this b4.

http://cruises.orbitz.com/c/deckplan.asp?vessel=54&lineid=11&itineraryid=833356&startdate=10/1/2005&enddate=10/31/2005&deckcode=CAR

My husband talked w/ Celebrity again today & they told him that they thought the beds could be converts, However they recommended we get to the port early in case there is a problem & we need to switch rooms.

Thanks for the advice-we will have to just see how it goes on Saturday.

Archived