Kids more expensive than adults on Royal Caribbean?

ahzach

I was looking a cruise in Greece and Turkey with Royal Caribban and I discovered that the price for the child is more than the price for the adult. ($899 per adult and $999 per child for a balcony:confused:). How is this possible? It is cheaper to get 2 cabins instead for one.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I was looking a cruise in Greece and Turkey with Royal Caribban and I discovered that the price for the child is more than the price for the adult. ($899 per adult and $999 per child for a balcony:confused:). How is this possible? It is cheaper to get 2 cabins instead for one.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

RCI does not offer special rates for children - what you are seeing is standard third/forth passenger cost. And, in general, when you see these higher than first/second person costs it means that ship is getting close to capacity (so most of the triple/quad cabins are getting filled up). When this happens, they raise the third/forth rates to encourage people to book two cabins instead of one. Otherwise it is possible that you could reach capacity without selling all the cabins. Check other categories to see if this is the same - look at a junior suite. It may be just one cabin category that they are doing this price increase on. Just a thought.

First 2 people in a cabin pay X regardless of age. any additional will pay Y regardless of age. usually Y is less than X but not always. and in many cases Y is only slightly less than X