Breeze-Behind the fun

kelkel2

How hard is it to book this tour? Is there a huge demand for it? I assume we would want to book it pretty much as soon as we get on the ship? Can anyone tell me how much it costs? I was telling my husband about it today and he wanted more details!

We went on the tour on the Pride. Group is limited to 15 guest. (They did two groups because so popular) Not sure but think all ships do it morning of last sea day. The tour is 3 1/2 hours long. (On the Pride) Our cost was $95 per person. Sign up as soon as you board at guest services or excursion desk if open. No cameras allowed. You will get a group pic. with the captain and some other goodies too. Enjoy!

We had FTTF on the Breeze. Went first to the excursion desk, they weren't open yet.

Went to our cabin, got caught up in the excitement of being on a new ship, ate a bite, wandered around and went back to the excursion desk.

SOLD OUT.

We got on a waiting list but nothing materialized from it. Go early and if they aren't open yet, plant your butt right there and don't budge. Or you'll be like us! :mad: Still haven't managed to do a Behind the Scenes Tour.

We had FTTF on the Breeze. Went first to the excursion desk, they weren't open yet.

Went to our cabin, got caught up in the excitement of being on a new ship, ate a bite, wandered around and went back to the excursion desk.

SOLD OUT.

We got on a waiting list but nothing materialized from it. Go early and if they aren't open yet, plant your butt right there and don't budge. Or you'll be like us! :mad: Still haven't managed to do a Behind the Scenes Tour.

Thanks for the info. I knew you had to book the first day, but don't know if I would have gone right there...

kona, if you are intrigued with the logistics of housing, feeding, entertaining and cleaning up after 4000 some odd people, and curious about how a ship gets from one port to another, the tour is fascinating. I went on one the first time I cruised over 20 years ago, and we saw some things you won't see these days, like the engine room, but even with the security restrictions, it's still amazing. Went on the tour the last time I was on the Dream and I loved it.

My birthday is in July and last year when DH asked what I wanted, I told him that I want to do Behind the Fun on our upcoming cruise. We did it on the Freedom and I plan to do it again on the Dream this year. Our tour lasted four hours and was so intriguing. One of the best excursions we've ever done. On different ships, you get to see different things so I will try to do it on every different ship that we sail.

My birthday is in July and last year when DH asked what I wanted, I told him that I want to do Behind the Fun on our upcoming cruise. We did it on the Freedom and I plan to do it again on the Dream this year. Our tour lasted four hours and was so intriguing. One of the best excursions we've ever done. On different ships, you get to see different things so I will try to do it on every different ship that we sail.

Personally I think it's worth the money, but we haven't ever done it. Thanks for reminding me about the closed toe shoes. Thankfully I should have some anyways because we travel from chicago and in the winter so hopefully I would have left Chicago in closed toe shoes. But you never know.

My husband, he's kind of a tight wad. He's not convinced it's worth the money. I'll keep working on him. He mentioned it might be better to wait and do it on our Vista cruise, but I think it will be too difficult to book...

My daughter and I have done this tour on the Magic and the Breeze, well worth the $$ for me, as I love to learn how things work and operate behind the scenes. Be prepared to walk a lot, learn a lot, and see a lot. Great fun, highly recommended.

On another note, our last cruise on the Magic in March, a guy come across the lido deck asking if anyone wanted to go on this tour for free, as he had an extra ticket, I declined because I had been before, but kind of wish I had taken him up on it!!! Not sure who went, but I am sure they had fun! :D:D