P&O Ventura Live Review

Nix111

As I said he will be going to formal nights in trousers but casual nights surely as a child this should be ok. I have been on many cruises where grown adults have worn denium Jean shorts to dinner.

It might be worth you starting a thread with this question as you will get more replies (hopefully helpful ones:))

I believe you mentioned the following in your blog: "I also liked the fact that P&O let you take drinks on board with you for consumption in your cabin." I am understanding that this means that I can bring on board bottles of wine brought on shore. Correct?

Enjoyed your blog and have a question regarding bringing bottles of wine on board that were purchased on shore. From your blog, it sounds like it was not a problem on the Ventura. Is that correct?

"I also liked the fact that P&O let you take drinks on board with you for consumption in your cabin."

Hi, just answering a few questions, firstly kids on formal night, I saw several kids in shirt, tie and trousers rather than formal attire, I'm not sure about shorts on smart casual nights, I'd play it safe and go for trousers in main dining room.

Secondly yes you can bring wine back on board for consumption in your cabin with P&O

Hope that helps

Nicky

Hi goughsters,

I think P&O class children as children up to the age of 12 for dress purposes, after that they're supposed to follow the adult rules. It has to be long trousers at dinner even on smart casual nights - dark denim or chinos are OK. Shorts are only OK if you go to the buffet, not the MDR.

P&O are quite traditional and strict when it comes to the dress codes. Maybe it was on an American ship you saw people at dinner in shorts? In my experience the American approach is more casual.

On our last cruise when my son was 12 he wore his black school trousers, a smart shirt and tie on formal nights (he was growing so fast there was no way I was going to buy a suit/tux he would never wear again!).

He'll be 15 on our forthcoming Britannia cruise and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a dinner suit or lounge suit for our 4 formal nights, then hope and pray he will not outgrow it before his prom the following summer!