RCI/Universal Land and Sea package

I did the Universal Orlando package 4 years ago: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1440211

I have the package booked again later in October, this time staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Orlando.

While I have done this with cruises from Port Canaveral, I've seen it offered with cruises from Tampa, Port Everglades, and Port of Miami. The package includes transfers from MCO airport to Universal area hotel and from hotel to pier.

If flying, you would have to book your pre-cruise flight to MCO and flight home post-cruise from FLL or MIA if sailing from Port Everglades. I'm not sure, and curious, how the transfer from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale works. The transfer from MCO to hotel was a private car. Transfer from hotel to Port Canaveral was the bus that went to airport to pickup more people before going to pier. I would imagine it would be a private transfer from Orlando hotel to FLL pier.

Two years ago I went to Orlando (Sea World) pre-cruise, then planned to take a train from Orlando to Miami area before sailing out of Miami. Train was cancelled, so I booked a flight on AA from MCO to MIA.

Best thing to do is contact Royal Caribbean (or your TA) and ask them all the questions you have about going to Universal Orlando and sailing on your cruise from Port Everglades (FLL).

Good Luck!

we are doing the combo package before our cruise in July...when we booked it we booked for the transfers and because I have never been to Universal Studios, we printed off our travel docs and we have transfers to and from hotel, from hotel to pier and from pier back to airport.

I compared the prices before we booked and they we only a few cents cheaper booking through the cruise line than through Universal direct but it includes the transfers so we figure that and the early passes and not having to worry or try to figure out how to get from the peir was worth it to us.

Its only 2 of us and no kids, we chose the Cabana Bay as well, its new and has a lazy river.

Just info here, we are going to universal this year w/o a cruise :( But, I think with Cabana Bay you don't get the fast passes, I think you have to pay extra for those, if you stay at hard rock or the other two you will. But C.B is pretty cheap I believe.

Just info here, we are going to universal this year w/o a cruise :( But, I think with Cabana Bay you don't get the fast passes, I think you have to pay extra for those, if you stay at hard rock or the other two you will. But C.B is pretty cheap I believe.

You are correct no fast pass with Cabana bay

Thanks! I knew about the lack of FPs at Cabana Bay. We have stayed at HRH and RPR before.

Sorry to get off topic - we will staying at the Hard Rock, how did you like it? Really expensive, I keep having second thoughts:rolleyes:

Sorry to get off topic - we will staying at the Hard Rock, how did you like it? Really expensive, I keep having second thoughts:rolleyes:

HRH is my least fave of the 3 deluxe resorts at Uni. But the time we stayed there was a huge car dealership convention happening, and they blocked off most of the public space in the lobby; I had really wanted to spend some down time sitting there, so I was sad. And people were really loud going to their rooms at night, and we were too close to the elevator.

Book directly, IMO, through loews.com, check prices often. As long as you book directly and with room-only, you can change if rates change. And rates DO tend to change.

When we went from Uni to PC for our Freedom cruise, we just used a limo service. I looked into transfers through Royal but they were about $30 each, from the *airport*, and it just didn't sound like as much fun as a limo. Well, the limo sounded like fun to my husband; he didn't rent a limo for his prom. My date did rent a limo so I've had that experience and it isn't thrilling LOL.

We didn't book with the package being discussed in the first posts, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much! I cannot seem to find very much information on this trip other than the one page on the universal website. Have you found any other information? Also, did you book directly through Universal or somewhere else?

We booked directly through rcci ...we called them, yeah there is a small section on rcci website but not much information there either. What info are you looking for?

• 1 month later...
I have been dying to know.....how was it? Would you do it again? Would you book through RCCI again or on your own? I hope you had a super fantastic trip!

Sorry I did not post before now..normal life and vacation life are definitely not the same!

It was great..the driver picked us up at the airport took us about 30 minutes to the hotel. We got there about 1115am, check in was not supposed to be until 3 but they checked us in and upgraded us to a pool side room for $15 extra a night. The only thing we did not like was the freestyle machine cups from Universal did not work at the hotel machines. We spent about $500 on food and drinks, only had 3 alcoholic drinks between the 2 of us, for myself and my husband plus about $100 on shopping.

We did get a meal package 1 of the days to try it out and it really did not save us much money..definitely get the freestyle machine cups..you can purchase extra days for $6 and if you have a bigger family you get discounted cups.

On the day of the cruise a group of us met in the lobby and they picked us up in a nice van and then drove us about an hour to the port. We got to the port about 12-1215, we waited about 20 minutes to get through security and then another 10-15 checking in and we were on the boat.

After our cruise, they took us on buses back to the airport.

If it was just myself and my husband going I would book myself because we would not go back to Universal (2 days was more than enough) but if I were taking kids or grandkids I would book through RCCI again because it includes the transfers.

I did notice you can purchase a transfer back to the airport at the port through RCCI. When we go next year we will be renting a small car to drive to a hotel close to the port.

Hope that helps:)

Booked it for May next year for the two of us on the 4 night package.

RCI have charged £469 each which includes transfers from Port Canaveral to Lowes Royal Pacific Resort, park tickets, fast passes, and transfer back to the airport on the day we go back to the UK. Just over £100 each per night I thought was really good value for that.