Harvest Caye Update?

I've been trying to follow what's happening with this port. I read on another board that construction delays have caused the opening of the port into 2016. Today I noticed that the 11 excursions that were previously available for booking on my cruise (Jan. 17th, 2016) are not gone. Anyone out there have info into what's happening?:confused:

I haven't heard anything, but I am going on the Star in November and I checked and there are only 2 to choose from. I hope that there will be more thank that because really neither one sounds great.

I talked with the Captain at Spring break about that. He said construction was on time, even a little ahead. That was in March. He was confident that it would be ready for next fall. However stuff happens. I too would like a more current update. I will be in Alaska in June and will ask then how it is going.

They have pulled all the shore excursions for Harvest Caye from our 1/23/16 cruise. Please, please, please take us to Costa Maya instead!

Not sure about your particular cruise but I believe Harvest Caye replaces Belize and you would still be going to Costa Maya, but again I am not sure about your specific itinerary. Have a great time!!

I called NCL excursions desk today and asked about all of them being gone....he said that it is still going to be open on time and to give it 30 days and they should all be back in place plus a few more....but then again, he said that there will not be tenders to the mainland like I had read earlier...sooooooo...you know how it goes...its on a need to know basis and I guess they figure we don't need to know....lol...:rolleyes:...I keep checking the ports of call board and it seems that nothing is new there either...I did notice that one of the excursions that used to be listed on NCL.com had a customer review on it already....I don't know how they could have reviewed it since its not even open yet, but....just saying....

I called NCL excursions desk today and asked about all of them being gone....he said that it is still going to be open on time and to give it 30 days and they should all be back in place plus a few more....but then again, he said that there will not be tenders to the mainland like I had read earlier...sooooooo...you know how it goes...its on a need to know basis and I guess they figure we don't need to know....lol...:rolleyes:...I keep checking the ports of call board and it seems that nothing is new there either...I did notice that one of the excursions that used to be listed on NCL.com had a customer review on it already....I don't know how they could have reviewed it since its not even open yet, but....just saying....

Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We sail 11/14/15 on the Jade, our stops are, Cozumel, Harvest Caye and Roatan...if Harvest Caye isn't ready by than, I really hope they take us to Costa Maya....

I really hope they give us enough of a notice so we can plan excursions for our large group.

Not sure about your particular cruise but I believe Harvest Caye replaces Belize and you would still be going to Costa Maya, but again I am not sure about your specific itinerary. Have a great time!!

The itinerary is Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Caye out of Houston. We have been to Belize so many times and done all the excursions and were hoping for something different. With Costa Maya there are great Mayan Ruin options as well as beach options.

I find it interesting that RCCL has announced itineraries out of Galveston that drop Belize and are Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya.

Sailing on the Jade 11/14/2015 in the Garden Villa with a group of 37.

We have been to all of these ports, booked this cruise for the chance to sail the Garden Villa for my 70th birthday.

We are hoping if Harvest Caye isn't ready that NCL will take the ship into Costa Maya instead of Belize City..(we have done that way too many times, and feel that it is getting less and less safe!)

Hope our PCC informs us sooner than later of the change if it happens, so we can make other arrangements for shore excursions for our group!

The itinerary is Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Caye out of Houston. We have been to Belize so many times and done all the excursions and were hoping for something different. With Costa Maya there are great Mayan Ruin options as well as beach options.

I find it interesting that RCCL has announced itineraries out of Galveston that drop Belize and are Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya.

That's too bad that your cruise doesn't go to Costa Maya, we go out of FL and have 4 ports, it must take more time from Houston to get to the ports.

Is it less than 7 days?

We are on a cruise in Nov. that includes Harvest Caye and Costa Maya, I assumed that if we didn't go to Harvest Caye they would take us to Belize and tender us in. I don't know where else they might take us instead, I guess it will be a surprise:eek:

That's too bad that your cruise doesn't go to Costa Maya, we go out of FL and have 4 ports, it must take more time from Houston to get to the ports.

Is it less than 7 days?

We are on a cruise in Nov. that includes Harvest Caye and Costa Maya, I assumed that if we didn't go to Harvest Caye they would take us to Belize and tender us in. I don't know where else they might take us instead, I guess it will be a surprise:eek:

It is a 7 night cruise from Houston and Costa Maya is closer to Texas than Belize or Roatan.

Our sailing is out of NOLA to Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Caye and Costa Maya. I really want to get to the mainland in Belize no matter where we port. When we booked I had no idea what part of Belize Harvest Caye was. Should have done more research.:confused:

Edited by RumpunchGirl

Our sailing is out of NOLA to Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Caye and Costa Maya. I really want to get to the mainland in Belize no matter where we port. When we booked I had no idea what part of Belize Harvest Caye was. Should have done more research.:confused:

My hope is that we get to go to Belize, when I researched it Harvest Caye looked to be 50 miles from Belize:eek:

We like to stop and say hi to the girl that owns the Thirsty Pirate and we met some nice kids "outside the gate" that make up one of the best rock bands in Belize, they play just outside the gate and once a week inside the gate, their mom is a sweetheart, we will miss seeing them and her.

My hope is that we get to go to Belize, when I researched it Harvest Caye looked to be 50 miles from Belize:eek:

Harvest Caye is less than 7 miles from Placencia Belize.... which is in the Stann Creek district of the southern part of Belize.

Do you mean 50 miles from the Tourist Village of Belize City??

We are sailing out of NOLA on the same trip and had already signed up for excursions (and paid for them) before they were pulled. I have not received a refund or any notification. I am hoping that they add these back on before our trip

I would call NCL an find out how you get a refund. If you booked excursions for Harvest Caye, any excursions for Belize City will most likely be completely different. I suspect it will take a while for NCL to compile a list of excursions for Belize City. I've been checking every day, but nothing yet. :confused: