Pre-cruise stay in Tahiti - which island & where

love4cruisin

Hello, this is my first post and I'm hoping for some advice - my husband and I are planning a cruise on TP this August and are trying to decide between Sheraton Moorea deluxe OWB or Le Meridian Bora Bora premium OWB. Is it worth the extra money for Bora Bora? We are planning to arrive 3 nights prior to cruise departure but we'll really have 4 full days with the flight schedule.

We've also considered Tahaa Pearl Beach, the price is close to the same in Bora Bora, but we thought there might not be as much to do there. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Almost Boricua:

I am also considering doing a pre-cruise. Have you researched or heard anything about the new Raddison?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went to Radisson's web site - they have some photos and some artist's rendering of the property. It looks pretty nice, but they don't have overwater bungalows and we really want to experience that!

We visited both moorea and bora bora. We like bora bora the best - The Le Meridian. Fabulous resort. The most important thing to remember about Tahiti is that the resort you pick is EVERYTHING! Not much to do otherwise. Also - most resorts give you the option of purchasing a meal plan with your vacation before you go. I recommend buying at least 50% of your meals at the resort, as there aren't too many places to eat otherwise - except,"Bloody Marys" of course!

You are right abouit the Pearl Beach Tahaa being isolated but if you really enjoy snorkelling, it is spectacular there as is the view of Bora Bora.The setting in a beautiful motu is also great. We thought the Sheraton Moorea was very nice and preferred Moorea to Bora Bora. The Sofitel in Moorea was also in a lovely location, we thought. Hope that helps.

andy dee

My vote is Moorea since it is so close and easy to get to. We stayed at the Sofitel and loved it.

Expensive!!!!! But worth it.

MAJESTY 4/97

STELLA SOLARIS 12/99

RENAISSANCE IV 1/01

IMAGINATION 2/01

NORWEGIAN WIND 04/02

CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 11/02

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 03/04

We have been to both the sheraton moorea and the tahaa pearl beach. Both are fabulous and you will not regret either one. Tahaa is more isolated and it was clean, with very friendly staff. It is my favorite place I have been in the world. We stayed at the Sheraton moorea the year before and it is wonderful. Easy to get to from tahiti(a short ferry ride. If you can get a deal in either location that should be the deciding factor. If the price is the same go to tahaa. If you are do-do-do person than french polynesia is not your place. You can see alot with being in hurry.

If you dont stay in the owb you missed the purpose of the journey

Jeff

love4cruisin - We chose the Sheraton Moorea OWB. The reasons were the proximity to Papeete, thus lower transportation costs, though when staying in an OWB the cost difference is minor, and I have heard Bora Bora referred to as Boring Boring, since there is much less diversity on that atoll than there is on Moorea island with her mountains, lagoons, forests, etc. We'll be spending about the same amount of time on the TP in Bora Bora and Moorea so we want to spend our extra 3 days where we have an opportunity to see more things.

San Diego Boyd (AIM)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;5;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000 Tahitian Princess 5/27/04

We spent an afternoon at the Sheraton Moorea and it was a lovely property.

DeadEd was on the trip before us and has taken some wonderful photos of Tahiti including the Sheraton at Moorea and also a beautiful hotel at Tahaa.

Here is his website for the photos. Spend some time looking at them as they are fabulous and the best I have ever seen.

http://www.estimated.com/html/tahiti1.html

I hope this helps with your decision making.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Archived