Ocho Rios Margaritaville

dcsetman

Hi,

Will be traveling with family of all ages (5 - 83). My mom is somewhat mobile but will need to bring her Rollator (rolling walker with seat) when we get into port in Ocho Rios (Carnival Breeze). We wanted to take the kids (and adults) to the beach and pools at Margaritaville, (I know we have to purchase appetizers and or drinks). Is the area and restaurant wheelchair/ rollator accessible for my mom?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to plan out our excursions on a very limited budget.

thanks

Penni (dcsetman)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm assuming you are just walking from the boat, right? I'll be coming from Regal Princess but I think it's the same port. From what I am guessing looking at a map it seems that I should be able to push someone in a manual wheelchair from the dock right to the restaurant. No need for a cab, right? Thanks in advance!!

Edited by cruiserater

This is a Google Earth shot of the port. There is a Royal Caribbean ship at the main dock. I drew a red arrow to point to the dock where we tied up.

Ocho%20Rios2_zpsdqcehttt.jpg

This is a distant shot showing Liberty of the Seas at the main dock, and you can see Emerald Princess between the trees:

Ocho%20Rios7_zpsg2pghois.jpg

Ocho%20Rios8_zps6yiid4jn.jpg

This is dock we used, I think it used to be used to ship sugar. You can see tour buses waiting...

Ocho%20Rios6_zpskl1d2bcj.jpg

EM

Ocho%20Rios3_zpsyvkicrf6.jpg

Thanks EM! I didn't see the other dock you've pointed towards when I looked on google earth, so thanks. I assumed we'd dock where the RC is located. Perhaps I'll play it by ear. Trying to avoid a taxi but maybe that would be better. Not sure what is more safe. Thanks again :)

The red arrow is pointing to what is commonly called the "Bond" Dock. (A James Bond movie was filmed there.)

It's a fairly short walk but your mom might need to take a $5 taxi. The rest of you could easily walk.

Most ships conveniently dock at what they call the "Cruise Ship" Dock.

Once at Margaritaville, your mom should not have a problem using her Rollator in the restaurant (pretty view) but not so sure she would be able to get down to the beach area there. The pool is in the restaurant part. :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers