Seattle hotel - Westin or Inn at the Market or Maxwell?

phabric

Going to an Alaska cruise out of Seattle with Princess. I am a female sole passenger.

Princess uses Westin with transfers from airport-hotel, hotel- port. How far is Pike's Market from the Westin? Can I walk there?

I have read about Inn at the Market. I will need transportation to hotel and to port. Across the street to Pike's Market.

Westin is about $100 cheaper for single rate and few $ less for a double rate than Inn at the Market.

Also, read about Maxwell hotel. Would need transportation to hotel, port. Can you walk to Pike's Market?

Maxwell's price is a little less than Westin.

Which would you choose?

Going to an Alaska cruise out of Seattle with Princess. I am a female sole passenger.

Princess uses Westin with transfers from airport-hotel, hotel- port. How far is Pike's Market from the Westin? Can I walk there?

I have read about Inn at the Market. I will need transportation to hotel and to port. Across the street to Pike's Market.

Westin is about $100 cheaper for single rate and few $ less for a double rate than Inn at the Market.

Also, read about Maxwell hotel. Would need transportation to hotel, port. Can you walk to Pike's Market?

Maxwell's price is a little less than Westin.

Which would you choose?

The Westin is around 4 blocks from the Pike Place market (not "Pike's") so very walkable. The Inn at the Market is right in the middle of things, but half the rooms face First Avenue which can be noisy; the other rooms face the Market and Elliott Bay, and are more expensive.

The Maxwell is located two miles north of downtown near Seattle Center. They have a free shuttle bus to the Pike Place market but given your options I think the Westin is probably the most convenient.

Unless transfers are included in whatever package you're considering, a taxi or towncar from the airport to the hotels will run around $40-$60 depending on which hotel, and transport from the hotel to Pier 91 (Princess) will be $15-$20.

Thank you for the information. Cruise Critic is a great place to get questions answered.

If I take the Westin through Princess it includes transfer from the airport to the hotel and the next day from hotel to Pier 91.

just so you know, the Westin would also be my first choice due to location.

To compare, the Westin is on the Dowtown shuttle route offered by Shuttleexpress.com

Its about $18 one way to the Westin from Seatac. A cab to pier 91 is probably about $15 to give you a cost comparison. There are many cruisers at the Westin and the chances of you finding someone to share a cab I'd think would be really high. I know the cruises normally charge about $25 to the airport which for a single is reasonable however if you can share a cab it would be about the same price.

The Westin is very much a Westin. You know the product you are getting.

I really like the Inn at the Market. It is a very well-run boutique hotel that has recently had a refresh. It is also wildly conducive to getting an early start on exploring the market and waterfront.

The maxwell is also a well-run independent property but it is not nearly in the league of the inn nor as corporate/standardized at the Westin. The location is kinda meh.

Were I allocating ten points between, 6 to the Inn at the Market, 3 to the Westin, 1 to the Maxwell.

We were in the Maxwell on 7th May prior to our cruise for 1 night. Lovely charming hotel with a lot of character. Minutes from the Needle, we walked to Pike Place Market but took the monorail back. The hotel does a free shuttle there but we didn't want to wait and it wasn't that long a walk on a lovely day.

We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel expensive and would choose a different option next time. The hotel arranges a bus transfer to Pier 91 for $7 per person.