Seuss at Sea

atlsea

So what exactly is Seuss at Sea?? I was looking at pictures of people's cruises and noticed many Dr Seuss things. I saw some Seuss inspired meals and were wondering was those were. Anyone have any information on what it is?

So what exactly is Seuss at Sea?? I was looking at pictures of people's cruises and noticed many Dr Seuss things. I saw some Seuss inspired meals and were wondering was those were. Anyone have any information on what it is?

On the ship that have Seuss at Sea, they will have a special breakfast on one morning for $5 a person that has Dr Seuss decorations, Seuss inspired food and Seuss characters visiting each table where you can take pictures. You can also participate in a parade from one end of the ship to the other with several Seuss characters. At the end of the parade, they do a little audience participation program where the CD reads a Dr Seuss book. On a couple of nights, one of the photography stations had a Seuss background and Seuss costumes you could put on. We had fun with our grandkids and there were a lot of adults without kids participating.

Edited by Big Tillie

On Carnival Valor when you get on the ship they have a table set up near the atrium on the lido deck to sign up for the Seuss Breakfast. You can pick what time you want to eat breakfast on your last sea day with the Seuss Characters, it is $5 per person. On the first sea day around 3ish (look in the fun times) they have a Seuss parade. Where everyone that wants to attend meets in the Eagles Lounge (5 aft) and they will have Seuss trivia and hand out noise makers and banners and then Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and Sam I am will come out in costume. They will lead the parade through the 5 deck down the stairs and onto deck 3 to go into the Ivanhoe theater. Then they have storytime where they will pull a few helpers from the audience and they will help act out the Cat in the Hat.

DSC_2613.JPG

DSC_2638.JPG

On the final sea day at breakfast they have a Seuss inspired menu. While you are eating the same characters will come out again and you have a chance to take pictures with them. My kiddos (6 and 8) loved it. They also did Seuss things in Camp Carnival quite often.

DSC_3384.JPG

DSC_3404.JPG

DSC_3419.JPG

**Somewhere I have a picture of the menu. I will see if I can find it. **

We had fun with our grandkids and there were a lot of adults without kids participating.

Good to know because I was thinking about signing my husband and I up for the breakfast, but didn't want to be the only weirdos that would go without kids! The food looks yummy, which is my main reason for wanting to go one morning. [emoji4]

On Carnival Valor when you get on the ship they have a table set up near the atrium on the lido deck to sign up for the Seuss Breakfast. You can pick what time you want to eat breakfast on your last sea day with the Seuss Characters, it is $5 per person. On the first sea day around 3ish (look in the fun times) they have a Seuss parade. Where everyone that wants to attend meets in the Eagles Lounge (5 aft) and they will have Seuss trivia and hand out noise makers and banners and then Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and Sam I am will come out in costume. They will lead the parade through the 5 deck down the stairs and onto deck 3 to go into the Ivanhoe theater. Then they have storytime where they will pull a few helpers from the audience and they will help act out the Cat in the Hat.

DSC_2613.JPG

DSC_2638.JPG

On the final sea day at breakfast they have a Seuss inspired menu. While you are eating the same characters will come out again and you have a chance to take pictures with them. My kiddos (6 and 8) loved it. They also did Seuss things in Camp Carnival quite often.

DSC_3384.JPG

DSC_3404.JPG

DSC_3419.JPG

**Somewhere I have a picture of the menu. I will see if I can find it. **

Very cute pics! Thanks for all the great info!

Good to know because I was thinking about signing my husband and I up for the breakfast, but didn't want to be the only weirdos that would go without kids! The food looks yummy, which is my main reason for wanting to go one morning. [emoji4]

Our party of 5 adults did the 8 AM seating on the Legend this past Monday. There were 30 people total, and only 3 kids, LOL!

Edited by Eeyore_Lover