Past Carnival Legend cruisers - feedback, review links, photos?

Hi guys,

Have booked Carnival Legend for Nov 2016 with extended family, all adults 22-55 in age, with one infant.

I really enjoyed Carnival Spirit, and my extended family and I have previously cruised a mix of P&O and RCI, with RCI being our general preference.

We selected Legend primarily for itinerary, cruise date and price.

We don't necessarily need kids club or a lot of activities for the little one, and don't necessarily need adults only areas.

I am however doubting our choice a little as I have heard some average reviews of Legend in terms of ship appearance, apparently limited activities / shows, average food. This has all been through feedback from my agency where I'm a TA.

Can someone please reassure me!!!

Would love if anyone has feedback to share, links to reviews or any photos,

Thanks in advance!

I am however doubting our choice a little as I have heard some average reviews of Legend in terms of ship appearance, apparently limited activities / shows, average food. This has all been through feedback from my agency where I'm a TA.

Can someone please reassure me!!!

Sorry LuckiePuris....., I Cant reassure you here...

We went on the Carnival Legend in October 2014, and we where NOT very impressed with the ship (She is very dark and who every design the inside of the ship, must have been on dugs!!), the food (Got much better food on P&O and Princess!) or the service in the dinning room! (Some of the staff where very rude!) and just about everything you said.

We will most unlikely will every do another cruise on a Carnival Australia ship! (Unless the cruise is very cheep!)

(If you like the Carnival Spirit, then you may like the Legend, I have head the inside of the is Spirit is the same as the Legend or worse!)

Thanks Kiwi for your honest feedback. Have held in a substitute RCI cruise and just waiting for the other family members to confirm they're happy to swap cruise lines. Luckily Carnival deposit is still refundable. Thanks Kiwi for taking the time :)

I was on The Legend in March this year as a solo. Have only been on Princess or HAL before. Whilst I found it different to Princess , the food was fine as were our waiters. Room steward was good and I enjoyed all the shows. The decor is different to Princess but it didn't worry me. I would think about going on the Legend again as part of a family group, as the price was great!

Sorry LuckiePuris....., I Cant reassure you here...

We went on the Carnival Legend in October 2014, and we where NOT very impressed with the ship (She is very dark and who every design the inside of the ship, must have been on dugs!!), the food (Got much better food on P&O and Princess!) or the service in the dinning room! (Some of the staff where very rude!) and just about everything you said.

We will most unlikely will every do another cruise on a Carnival Australia ship! (Unless the cruise is very cheep!)

(If you like the Carnival Spirit, then you may like the Legend, I have head the inside of the is Spirit is the same as the Legend or worse!)

We sailed on the Spirit in 2014 and said we would never sail on her again.

Then we heard my sister and adult family of five had booked a cruise on her.

The temptation to surprise them a day into the cruise was so great that we booked another cruise. They did spot us a couple of hours after boarding, but it was still a very very big surprise.

We enjoyed that cruise so much that we would now be happy to book another cruise on the Legend or Spirit, especially if it was reasonably priced.:)

Don't forget you can impress the family by showing off on the Green Thunder:D

I thought I should add we still prefer Princess and to a lesser extent P&O.

Edited by sun-set

Thanks all I really appreciate your feedback. I know changing cruises sounds extreme but to be honest, it wasn't a cruise ship I was looking forward to. We much prefer the more modern and wow factors of Celebrity and Royal, so when the Royal cruises were released today and there was a voyage and pricing that suited, it seemed like the best idea to change. Looking forward to trying this ship!