rented a golf cart...now what

aggieljh

Leaving on the Conquest on June 13th, and we have rented a golf cart to tour around the island.

We are looking for a nice relaxing beach day. Are there any specific beach areas that are "must see?"

Is there anything else that is a must do on the island. My wife will be missing our three puppies that we are leaving at home, so I'm sure we will stop by Jack's Shack to say hi to Topher.

From a cruiser point of view there's nothing shabby about the beach along the cruise port area up to Jacks. All walkable. In a golf cart, you can stop at Governors Beach, which is a short distance beyond Jack's but not accessible via walking along the seashore. There are facilities but they may or maynot be open. Beach can get a bit littery at times. In Cockburntown, there is a nice stretch of beach along the town and south past some smaller resorts. No public facilities though. North of town is Pillory Beach. It's a nice beach but is part of Bohio Dive Resort. You can rent a lounger, if available. They do serve their long stay guest first so loungers may not be available. The north side of the island is mostly private land or not accessible.

I suggest, you head for the lighthouse first, then on the way back stop at Pillory and work your way back to Governors and then Jacks and the cruise center, after dropping off the cart. But for just a beach day and no sight seeing, you can't beat the cruise center area.

We are going to rent a golf cart or an atv. Is there any riding atv's in the sand or beach on the island? I'm interested to know of the gas is included or you have to gas up before returning them. What else is there to see and how far can you go? We've only been at the port, not to town.

I can't recall on gas included or not. But even in a Jeep if you burn more than a gallon of gas, you've spend the whole day driving round and round in circles and left the engine running at stops :p

Since the area around Grand Turk is a National park and there are preservation restrictions, in an ATV, you can't just go along any beach. The vendor should be able to tell you where you can't or cannot go. There are "dune buggy" excursions that use the 4wheeler ATV carts but their use is controlled and they won't let you go anywhere you want along a beach.

We rented a ATV from Karib a couple of weeks ago and had a GREAT time! He is located right out the gate of the Port and had everything ready for us. We had it the entire day and went everywhere all over the island. On the ATV we were able to take little path ways down to the beach, though you want to be careful not to go in the deep sand itself as it will get stuck;) The cost includes everything for the day, no need to fill up. We are going back in September and plan to rent a golf cart this time as we will have the kids with us. Though we will miss the ATV as it was able to go many places that a golf can't;)

We rented a ATV from Karib a couple of weeks ago and had a GREAT time! He is located right out the gate of the Port and had everything ready for us. We had it the entire day and went everywhere all over the island. On the ATV we were able to take little path ways down to the beach, though you want to be careful not to go in the deep sand itself as it will get stuck;) The cost includes everything for the day, no need to fill up. We are going back in September and plan to rent a golf cart this time as we will have the kids with us. Though we will miss the ATV as it was able to go many places that a golf can't;)

This is great to hear! We will be there on August 2nd doing the same thing. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Do you need to make reservations before hand? Or can you just show up? Thanks.

I was in Grand Turk past week, rented golf cart from Karib, side note he is not right as you get off the ship dock, you have to walk through shopping area out the back, the to the gate, its a little bit of a walk if you have elderly people, they did drive my parents up through gate, which they didnt have to do.

Ok so we DID have to put 5.00 of gas in vehicle, we drove around the whole island, saw lighthouse lots donkeys there who were very hungry, saw lots of poor areas too, I highly recommend for the people who are sitting in the back of the cart , bring a white towel for your legs, ours got sunburned and it was

very hot, at times it was tough to hold on so If you not going great distances

then it be ok with children, otherwise id pick a different vehicle, we stopped by some road that had beach access and enjoyed the beach for a bit, water is beautiful, the beach area wasnt used long time so it wasnt too pretty but we survived. I highly recommend Karib , never had trouble from booking to dropping off the cart.