Cruising in 3 days....Need some help

myachiman85

Hello everyone, my wife and I just got married over the weekend and we will be going on our honeymoon this Saturday May 30th on the Norwegian Getaway. This will be our second cruise as we sailed with Carnival a few years back. We pretty much have a handle on a lot of stuff as we have both the UDP and UBP as we received the UBP through the promotions going on earlier this year. We have our meals booked for every night except 2 nights and have our entertainment reserved. We have a few questions that hopefully some of you can answer. The first is we are interested in getting the weeklong vibe passes. Does someone know exactly where we need to go so that the moment we get on the ship we can go straight there and grab our passes? Second we have read that you need to reserve your spots for the nightly comedy club shows. I see that we can not do this on the ncl site ahead of time so is there a specific area on the ship that we need to visit and make our reservations for the comedy club shows? If we reserve comedy club shows and don't make the show does anything happen or do they just release our spots? Are there any other shows or activities that we need to make reservations for besides the performance shows and comedy club shows or are the other activites (like the newlywed game, dueling pianos, grammy experience etc) basically show up and participate? Lastly if anyone has any tips or recommendations for us please share them......Thank you to all who can help us in any way.

My understanding in the Nearly New Newlywed Game is the four couples are not selected by random draw. One couple is the most recently married (many times the couple that marries while the ship is in Bermuda gets it). Another couple is the longest married. The other two will be couples celebrating significant anniversaries.

We will be married Friday evening prior to the cruise. I'm afraid we will not be new enough to make the cut.

My understanding in the Nearly New Newlywed Game is the four couples are not selected by random draw. One couple is the most recently married (many times the couple that marries while the ship is in Bermuda gets it). Another couple is the longest married. The other two will be couples celebrating significant anniversaries.

We will be married Friday evening prior to the cruise. I'm afraid we will not be new enough to make the cut.

It's a random draw. A cousin of my husbands was the "newly wed" 2 years in a row. Nobody newer volunteered.

Hi there

Just got back from the Getaway Saturday. For Vibe passes, go to guest services as soon as you get on the ship! Before you get on, download the Iconcierge

App on your phone. You an make all your reservations inboard thru that including comedy club ( if you don't make it, they just give your seats away)

If you like country and blues, do not miss Shannon in the Grammy Experience

No reservations, small venue, very uncruise like! Great acoustics and a really great backup band! Have fun and congrats!!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!!

Got off the Getaway end of Feb.....R yall spa people? The spa thermal suites was really nice....thermal pool with hot tub, salt room, hot tile loungers, etc....I spent every morning in there! Also....Illusionarium was great....but get there early for better seats. We bought premium seats but still ended in back bc people were waiting an hour earlier before show started. Congrats! And have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there

Just got back from the Getaway Saturday. For Vibe passes, go to guest services as soon as you get on the ship! Before you get on, download the Iconcierge

App on your phone. You an make all your reservations inboard thru that including comedy club ( if you don't make it, they just give your seats away)

If you like country and blues, do not miss Shannon in the Grammy Experience

No reservations, small venue, very uncruise like! Great acoustics and a really great backup band! Have fun and congrats!!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!!

I was just going to suggest the same thing, download the iConcierge app and then make all your comedy reservations from there. You can connect to the ship's WiFi before boarding and make all your reservations before actually boarding.

You can also make reservations through your stateroom TV. Way better options than going to the reservation desk!

Have a great honeymoon!

Edited by SliceOfLife