Florida Shore Excursions

moonieelf

So, my roommate and I are sailing on the Gem in July (July 11-18) and we were wondering what shore excursions in Cape Canaveral were like. Did anyone go to any of the parks? They say they're 8 hour trips. Is there a way to get to the boat before hand if you get parked out?

About us:

Two thirty-something women

No kids

One cruiser will be celebrating her birthday the day we depart NYC. Look for the chick in the pink "Birthday Diva" sash.

What about going to the Kennedy Space Center? We were just there (off the Gem), and it's much closer than going to Orlando (only about 25 minutes away). It's a truly awesome place.

Have a great cruise! (And Happy Birthday!)

Kennedy was one of the excursions we thought about. Neither one of us has been to Universal or any of the Disney parks since the early 90's though. Which is why we were leaning towards Universal.

I'd also like to know what time do you get back. I'll probably have the UDP and I'd like to schedule accordingly.

If you do the full 8 hours in the park, I'd say you'd get back by 8:30 pm with the ship leaving port at 9. (This is assuming you're taking the Gem)