What is the one thing not to miss in St Maarten

BcIcemen

Some people might 'not miss' The Butterfly Farm.

Some people might 'not miss' Fort Louis

Some people might 'not miss' a catamaran sail

Some people might 'not miss' the St. Maarten Museum

Some people might 'not miss' jewelry shopping

Some people might 'not miss' Maho Beach

Some people might 'not miss' Orient Beach

Some people might 'not miss' St. Maarten Park (the Zoo)

gary

• 2 weeks later...

For me my don't miss is a wonderful lunch most often while in Grand Case. To me that's part of a perfect cruise day while in St. Maarten.

To me by reading this board for years. Maho, Orient and Philipsburg are where the masses prefer to spend their day. There's a whole lot more to St Maarten than those few places but like Gary says it all depends on your interests.

Just remember that whatever you do in St. Martin, the traffic is horrific and it will take you a long time to get there and back. I always recommend to first time cruisers that if they want to tour out of Philipsburg, take a ship excursion.

Just remember that whatever you do in St. Martin, the traffic is horrific and it will take you a long time to get there and back. I always recommend to first time cruisers that if they want to tour out of Philipsburg, take a ship excursion.

True traffic can be an issue especially when coming from the Maho side of the island but many, many first timers have had great days by either leaving that side of the island with lots of time to spare or going to Grand Case or Orient or the butterfly farm or horse back riding ect or one of the many excursions that leaves close to the ship or taking a tour from a reliable tour guide. I will take a ships tour while in Rome because the port is far away but its not a necessity to do that in St.Maarten even for first time visitors IMHO.

Well, I took a day tour to see the island and on the French side in the main town, when our van was leaving, a guy came up to sell cookies or baked goods from a tray. I had a little trepidation, but I felt like doing it and bought two large cookies. I forget which kind they were. They were among the best cookies I have ever had and I wish I had bought more. That was the French side so French specialty cooking! I assumed his wife back home baked them. They were really treats. If I went back and that humble man was around, I would buy 12 now.

Well, I took a day tour to see the island and on the French side in the main town, when our van was leaving, a guy came up to sell cookies or baked goods from a tray. I had a little trepidation, but I felt like doing it and bought two large cookies. I forget which kind they were. They were among the best cookies I have ever had and I wish I had bought more. That was the French side so French specialty cooking! I assumed his wife back home baked them. They were really treats. If I went back and that humble man was around, I would buy 12 now.

What a great story. :)