Help

Reijo

My husband and I are taking our son/daughter-in-law and two grandsons on a cruise in October. We have always cruised on RCCL but decided to "jump ship" with this cruise. We are looking at the Carnival Valor but can't determine if there are any areas where you can sit like the Viking Crown Lounge or the Centrum on RCCL ships. It's just hard to determine from the diagram whether or not there are any "out of the sun" areas. My husband has had several melanomas and we love cruising so we pretty much stay out of the sun. Can anyone who has been on this ship give us any information? Thanks........

On the Valor the aft Lido is covered. The pool area is open to the sun, but all around the edge there are tables and chairs. That where I sit to read or eat my lunch from the buffet.

Also, on the Lobby deck (3) both sides of the ship are covered and have lounge chairs.

I've been on the Liberty (sister ship, same deck plan) and I have to watch my skin too, I have had my skin biopsied several times now. So I can somewhat relate.

Aft there is a pool that has a retractable roof. I would assume during a caribbean cruise it wouldn't be closed too often but around the sides you can find chairs that are out of the sun. The pool itself is in the sun, however.

There are also spots scattered throughout the ship that you will find that are covered but they are a bit away from the "action"

I can also remember by the main pool on the lido there were tables and chairs set up for eating and were under the overhang of the next deck up and you could sit there if you like and still see some of the action.

I been on the Valor 8 times and there is plenty of shady areas. I also have maligment melanoma and have been sliced and diced many times. Enjoy your cruise.

I've been on the Valor 7 times, and I move between sun and shade. Most of the areas already mentioned are close to food venues and used by diners. Maybe the best area is aft behind the hot tubs. It will be hard to find a lounger in the shade, except on deck 10 mid ship to aft where there is a bit of an overhang. Depends on the sun and the ship's direction whether it would be the smoking or non smoking area shaded.

Smokers will exercise their habit in any permitted area and then some. I found many on my last Valor cruise in March using any part of deck 10 to smoke. Crew were ignoring the violators and walked right by......the wandering waiters would be getting signatures for their sales while the purchaser smoked away.

My husband and I are taking our son/daughter-in-law and two grandsons on a cruise in October. We have always cruised on RCCL but decided to "jump ship" with this cruise. We are looking at the Carnival Valor but can't determine if there are any areas where you can sit like the Viking Crown Lounge or the Centrum on RCCL ships. It's just hard to determine from the diagram whether or not there are any "out of the sun" areas. My husband has had several melanomas and we love cruising so we pretty much stay out of the sun. Can anyone who has been on this ship give us any information? Thanks........

Deck 10 has an overhang on both port and Starboard sides. We sit on deck chairs there when we've had too much sun.

On the Valor the aft Lido is covered. The pool area is open to the sun, but all around the edge there are tables and chairs. That where I sit to read or eat my lunch from the buffet.

Also, on the Lobby deck (3) both sides of the ship are covered and have lounge chairs.

I've been on the Liberty (sister ship, same deck plan) and I have to watch my skin too, I have had my skin biopsied several times now. So I can somewhat relate.

Aft there is a pool that has a retractable roof. I would assume during a caribbean cruise it wouldn't be closed too often but around the sides you can find chairs that are out of the sun. The pool itself is in the sun, however.

There are also spots scattered throughout the ship that you will find that are covered but they are a bit away from the "action"

I can also remember by the main pool on the lido there were tables and chairs set up for eating and were under the overhang of the next deck up and you could sit there if you like and still see some of the action.

The aft pool area is for adults only. The op indicated that there are grandsons sailing. I'm assuming the boys are children. :)

Deck three is our favorite shaded deck. Close to the ocean and peaceful. Usually not a lot of activity. Nothing out there but lounge chairs, but right inside the atrium is a bar if having that handy is important to you.

Deck three is our favorite shaded deck. Close to the ocean and peaceful. Usually not a lot of activity. Nothing out there but lounge chairs, but right inside the atrium is a bar if having that handy is important to you.

Exactly.

This is our very favorite place.

At least one side is shaded all the time.

You can read, watch the sea, or sleep,

Or all three.:)

This! Love deck 3. Most of the time there's virtually nobody out there.