New FAQ

The new FAQ page is much more user friendly and accurate. The only issue I see is that when I accessed the page after logging into my account, the site effectively logged me out of my account. The screen accurately retained the "number of days to your next cruise", but has the "create an account/log in" message as well. Also, when I select manage your booking, it takes me to the IE http 404 not found error page. Kind of annoying!

Here's what the FAQ screen looks like under this scenario.

oops.jpg.db987e1e2aa9a3570b7877ca4a1169dc.jpg

Edited by Winston'sMom

What exactly would I need to search for to find:

What deposits are required

How many and what amounts of payments are required after deposits are made

When exactly is the final payment due?

Anyone who can answer these, that would be great, but I have never been able to find this all important information on the website, and would like to know how to actually find it. I have a cruise booked now with 126 days to sailing and I paid the deposits to get it started. I have always paid in full at booking before, but this was a b2b and really did not want to put that much out up front so thought I would give payments a try to see how it works. Not seeing much help from the website at all. Thanks

FAQ's are a LOT better than they were before. Used to be that I would type in the search bar and the results that would come up had absolutely NOTHING to do with what I was asking for.

One thing though, CCLMischelle, the links to the .pdf files under "Sample Activities Schedule" for the Circle C information are broken. It will not open the .pdf file(s).

What exactly would I need to search for to find:

What deposits are required

Deposit amounts differ depending upon the rate you book under, and I think also depends on the length of cruise and where you are cruising

How many and what amounts of payments are required after deposits are made

Only one more payment is required, the balance, but you can make several payments if you want, as long as it is all paid before final payment date.

When exactly is the final payment due?

It varies by length of cruise and where you are cruising, but is the day before cancellation charges kick in, listed in the cruise ticket contract (link is under Customer Service at the bottom of Carnival home page)

Since you have already booked, you can find the final payment date on the Carnival invoice you should have received when you booked the cruise, under "Itemized Charges" look for "Payment Schedule".

You can also log into your account (under the Manage tab) on the Carnival web site. All your cruise details are there. If you don't have an account you need to create one for online checkin.

Anyone who can answer these, that would be great, but I have never been able to find this all important information on the website, and would like to know how to actually find it. I have a cruise booked now with 126 days to sailing and I paid the deposits to get it started. I have always paid in full at booking before, but this was a b2b and really did not want to put that much out up front so thought I would give payments a try to see how it works. Not seeing much help from the website at all. Thanks

FWIW, I could not find the above info in FAQ's either :confused:

While it is true there may be special promotions with different deposit amounts, there is a standard rate and it would be nice if that were posted. I searched all over the site before booking a cruise and finally got an answer here on these boards. Never could find it at carnival. It used to be posted in the printed brochures, back in the dinosaur days.....:)

FWIW, I could not find the above info in FAQ's either :confused:

Thanks! I checked the invoice and even though these 2 b2b cruises were booked at the same time, one final payment date is July 21 and the other is Aug 1. Won't ask why that is! ;)