Ideas for a unique gift for a Dr.???

Joby

Hi, does anyone have any ideas of a unique gift from Freeport, Nassau, Charleston, St. Martin, St. Thomas or San Juan we might bring home to a Doctor?

We don't want to spend over $20 or so and we won't have a lot of time for shopping.

If you can give specifics on where exactly to buy, that would save us some time just looking around.

I thought I would post this question on all of the ports we will stop at--hopefully I will get several ideas.

Joby....something that we purchased in Nassau...@ the Straw market:

The locals take coconuts and make animals out of them. Specifically, we brought home a turtle. The head moves (bobbles)...lots of great design (carvings) on the turtle shell. Only a few bucks.

You could (perhaps) take a photo of the guy selling them. It is more than likely he who made it. Have him holding the turtle in the picture. Perhaps you could also be in the photo? You could give the picture (perhaps framed) to the Dr. when you give him the "turtle".

Something cute and interesting for his office, etc...

Boo, my husband is a DR. please don't give a turtle booble doll. What in the world would the Dr. do with it? You don't mention what the gift is for.Is it as thank you for some extra service? Why not a bottle of wine? There are liquor stores in St Thomas that will have wine or other liquors that will not cost more than $20.00.

Karen

Boo's Mom, thanks for the idea. We want to get him something a bit quirky. Just fishing for ideas.

Queenk2, I'm not sure if he drinks wine. What would I go with--white, red or rose or...? Any other suggestions?

Archived