Pride of America balcony dividers

fletch5727

Can balcony dividers be removed on Pride of America? We are looking at booking either 9698 (aft 2 br family suite) and 9700 (connecting large aft balcony) or 3 connecting large balconies 8530, 8528, and 8520.

Thanks,

Can balcony dividers be removed on Pride of America? We are looking at booking either 9698 (aft 2 br family suite) and 9700 (connecting large aft balcony) or 3 connecting large balconies 8530, 8528, and 8520.

Thanks,

If I recall correctly, only certain ones can be removed and only by the room steward. I would call to be certain.

General policy on all NCL ships is that the doors connecting one balcony to another cannot be opened, let alone remove the partitions entirely. That would probably require a visit from maintenance for removal, and then they would have to be replaced again on turnaround day before boarding. I can't see them doing that.

Sometimes the room steward will open the door while in port if requested, other times they say they are not allowed to do so. At sea they are supposed to stay closed for safety reasons. All you can do is ask the steward and see what he says. FYI, they are very easy to open, not that I am advocating that. They do slam back and forth in the wind, and someone could lose a finger.

Edited by punkincc

We had #9200, next door to the AFT 2-BR Suite on the starboard side. The divider between the balconies was fixed, but there was a door inside that connected the two cabins.

The balcony for the suite is HUGE; in fact, it wraps around the side of the cabin partway. Our balcony had more than enough room for the two chaise lounges, two chairs and the cocktail table... and the suite's balcony was more than 3 times the size of ours.

Our view for the Na Pali coast sail-by was incredible.

Edited by azappraiser